Chapter 5 - Important Decisions

Cat Noir swiftly grabs his lady by the wrist. Small and fragile, almost familiar seeming to him.

"Can this wait until next time? I really have to go!" Ladybug exclaims, worry filling her voice.

"I'm sorry, but it can't...It's very important. You see m'lady..." he says trailing off. 

"Cat! I have to go, now! I can't stay any longer!" she struggles to release herself from his tight grasp.

But it is too late, a familiar sound fills the air surrounding the two heroes. *Beep Beep Beep*

Ladybug detransforms and Cat Noir abruptly shuts his eyes. "I told you that I had to go...but you didn't listen..." she says with immense disappointment in her voice. 

"I'm sorry m'lady. But I just have to know who the love of my life really is..." Cracking open his eyes, he looks up slowly at the girl in front of him. "Marinette?!" he says shocked. 

There was nothing but silence after that.

About a minute later, there was another round of beeps and this time it is Cat Noir who reverts back. 

"A-Adrien?!" 

"Surprised?" 

Marinette is hit by a sudden rush of flashbacks to their previous fights and all the memories that they shared...as humans and superheroes. After just a few moments, a tear falls from her eye.

"Marinette! I didn't mean to-" 

"I-I have to go!" she cuts him off, running away crying.

"It was her. This whole time." 

"Yeah kid! You superheroes are so oblivious! I can't believe you did that to her." Plagg scolded. 

"I...made her cry. I honestly thought she would be happy knowing it was me and with me knowing her identity too." 

"Yeah, well guess what happened!" 

"I know Plagg! I messed up, and now I have to find her," he told his kwami sternly.

"Can't transform until I have my camembert, and you know that Adrien." 

"Marinette is more important. I'm sorry, after all that she has been through today, how could I be so careless and just let her run off." I have to find her!

With Marinette

Marinette runs upstairs to her room and cries. 

"I thought you would be happy knowing it was Adrien! You love Adrien! You do, right?" the little kwami says. 

"I don't know anymore Tikki! I don't want to be a part of this anymore! I think it's time to make a decision." 

"Like what Marinette?" 

"We're running away from here."

"What?! You can't do that! Your family, your friends, Adrien-" 

"I don't care anymore! Adrien won't miss me! No one will!" she says lashing out at the little bug. Marinette begins to pack a bag and sits down to write a note.

Dear Adrien,

If you see this note, and I know you will, please don't worry about me. I'm sorry for everything and I just want you to know that. After what happened today and what happened between us, I can't go on. Don't let my family and friends know why I'm gone. They'll be worried sick. I just need some time to be alone.

-Marinette

Marinette pulls out a picture of her and Adrien and tapes it to the back of the note. 

"Well, Tikki. It's time to go." 

"Are you sure you want to do this Marinette?" 

"Yes. Mom? Dad? I'm heading out."

"Alright honey, be back in time for dinner." Sabine replies.

Marinette simply turns back and bears a small yet fake smile on her face as she heads out the bakery door.