Chapter 27 - New Mission

"Adrien, tell me, what happened to you both?" 

"Well, Master. You see, after the battle you mentioned that the purple smoke we were exposed to effects each of us differently and I had sustained the full effects of it only 2 days ago. Today, Marinette came over to check on me and Tikki felt a dark presence in the mansion and they went to investigate it. I don't really know what happened, but after about 20 minutes or so, I got worried that she didn't come back and went to look for her. When I opened the door, I found this dark masked figure standing in my doorway. And the next thing I know, I'm in Hawkmoth's lair. Lila was there and Hawkmoth akumatized her into Chameleon and she transformed into Ladybug. I fought against her and Hawkmoth found out my identity. Although, I'm not sure that he knows about Marinette."

"That is a problem, Adrien. Please continue." 

"Well, I managed to de-evilize Chameleon Ladybug and went to help Marinette. Hawkmoth started attacking her and when I jumped in to help, I managed to swipe his Miraculous."

"Wonderful! So who was the person behind the mask, may I ask?" 

"Well, that's the part I didn't get to see. Marinette, as you can see, was in very bad shape and I really needed to get her out of there. I'm sorry Master. I've let you down."

"No, Adrien. You did the best you could. I'm just relieved that you both are okay. Now, let's get you two fixed up."

Master Fu gets to work quickly and heals Marinette's wounds with magic. He does the same for Adrien. "How are you both feeling?" 

"Much better Master. Just a bit sore," Marinette replies. 

"I can already see the magic working Master. I feel a lot better." Adrien adds. Master Fu nods and gets up to grab a kettle of tea and they sit around the table together to discuss many things.

"So, about Butterfly Miraculous." 

"Yes, Master. Here it is," Adrien replies handing it to Master Fu. 

"Thank you for retrieving this. Now the Miraculous collection is one step closer to being complete once again. All that is left is the Peacock Miraculous."

"We need to try and figure out who Hawkmoth was. That person could potentially lead us to the Peacock Miraculous." Marinette looks down with her hands in her lap with a worried expression on her face. 

"Hey, Marinette?" Adrien asks with a concerned look. 

"What's wrong?" 

"Well...it's just that...I found the peacock Miraculous. I think."

Just then, the kwamis gather in the room with the holders as they discuss the new discovery. "Master. Marinette is right. I saw the Peacock Miraculous too." Tikki piped in. 

"What?!" Master Fu and Wayzz exclaimed. "I cannot believe this! Who had it? Where was it? How did you-"

"I don't know if this is fully true but, we found it in Gabriel Agreste's office. It was behind a large painting in a safe of sorts." 

"Are you sure Marinette?" Master Fu asks. 

"Well, Adrien did put me in the office when he was trying to find a hiding spot for me as Cat Noir. I was there. Even Tikki saw it."

"I-I just...why would my father have the peacock miraculous? I still can't find a logical reason for it." There was a sudden silence between the group. 

"I don't know, but we will figure it out. I promise." Marinette replies as she lays a hand on his shoulder.

Master Fu clears his throat to gain the attention of the group and firmly states, "Marinette Dupain-Cheng, Adrien Agreste, Tikki, and Plagg. I am giving you a new mission. Find the peacock miraculous and return it to the miraculous box." 

"Yes Master," they reply.

"Tikki and Plagg. I am counting on you to help them in any way possible, and remember, all of you. I am here if you need help." 

"Thank you, Master, for everything you've done for us both," Marinette replies. 

"Plagg, Tikki. Let's get going." Adrien adds as they head to close the door and embark on their new mission, together.