Chapter 35 - Reunion & Removal

At the Bakery

Adrien and Marinette wave hello to her parents as they make their way up to Marinette's room. He helps Marinette get comfy in her bed. He tosses her a hoodie from her closet, helps her put on new bandages, and they settle in.

"Alright, is that good? Did you take all of your medication from your doctor? Does your head hurt? How are your legs holding up? Do you-"

"Adrien, calm down. You're acting like my mom. Yes, I took my medication, my head feels kind of bad still, my legs are quite sore but I'm okay. Come and sit." He goes to sit next to Marinette.

"Look...Marinette...I'm really sorry about what happened. It was all because of me."

"No no, it wasn't your fault. I'm fine now. Look, it's okay. Nothing can take this bug down!"

"That's my bugaboo!" he replies as wraps a hand around her. "Um, Marinette?"

"Yes?"

"I feel kind of bad about you not being the one to tell me but I found out about what happened to you before I came to school and met you..."

She immediately went white and covered her face with her hands, in fear.

"Hey! Hey! It's okay, don't worry...I just wanted to tell you..."

Marinette slowly let down her hands and relaxed as Adrien grabbed her hands and held them in his.

"I wanted to tell you...that I love everything you design, everything that you do, it's perfect and I want to help you make your dreams a reality, so if you'll let me I-"

Marinette jumps up and knocks the air out of Adrien as she wraps him in a huge hug and they both collapse on the bed. "Thank you! Thank you!"

"But I didn't finish what I was saying..."

"You don't have to, I'll be just fine when the time is right. You can surprise me."

"Okay, if you say so m'lady."

After chatting for a bit and starting a movie, the duo swiftly fall asleep in each other's embrace. Sabine later comes up and finds them and wraps them up in a nice, fluffy blanket and leaves them to relax. 

"You've had a long past few days Marinette...I'm happy you're home, you've even got such a wonderful young man here to support you."

*Ring Ring*

"Hello?"

"Hello Nathalie, this is Sabine Cheng. I just wanted to let you know that Adrien is currently asleep, would it be alright if we let him stay for the night?"

"Yes, that will be fine. I will arrange for our staff to pick him up after school tomorrow."

"Thank you. Have a nice day."

Sabine looks over to the duo once more before leaving through the door. "Goodnight you two."

In The Morning...

*Beep Beep*

Adrien's alarm sounds and he yawns before proceeding to get up. He carefully takes a sleepy Marinette, who was resting her head on his left shoulder and props her up on a pillow before quietly getting ready for school. Before heading downstairs, Adrien writes Marinette a note and gives her a light peck on the forehead.

Making his way downstairs, Adrien is met with a cheerful Sabine and a lovely looking breakfast. 

"Good Morning Adrien. Since Marinette isn't with you, I assume she's still asleep."

"Ah, yes Mrs. Dupain-Cheng."

"That's Marinette for you. Well, please enjoy your breakfast and let me or Tom know if you need anything at all before you head out."

"Thank you very much."

Once Sabine leaves, Plagg pops out and grabs the piece of Camembert that Adrien is holding out towards him.

"Ah! So delicious, you're best Cat Noir ever!"

"Ha, best kwami ever!"

After finishing breakfast, Adrien makes his way towards school saying goodbye to Sabine and Tom in the bakery before he goes. In the courtyard, everyone seems to be gossiping and whispering to each other as three familiar faces walk in behind Adrien.

Adrien takes a walk over to Alya and Nino and asks "Hey, what is everyone staring at?"

Alya replies, "It's the three troublemakers, everyone heard about what happened to Marinette and looks like everyone is on her side. By the way, how is she Adrien?"

"Oh, she got released yesterday. I went to go get her and ended up staying overnight at her place to keep an eye on her. She was in quite a bit of pain when I went to get her and even last night too. Gosh, I wish there was more I could do than just give her medication and let her sleep." he sulked.

"Poor thing." Alya adds. "You're doing just fine Adrien. She just needs some time to recoop and she'll be back no problems."

"Right."

The rest of the school day goes by normally for everyone...except Chloe, Lila, and Kagami of course. They couldn't escape the criticism and glares from their peers for even a second. 

At fencing practice, Kagami was scheduled for many duels with her classmates, including Adrien. Every single one, she lost. When it came time to practice with Adrien, she was completely destroyed. 

Kagami left before the duel could even begin and headed to the locker room where she found Chloe and Lila. 

"Chloe. Lila. I can't be friends with you anymore. This isn't how I want people to view me. What we did was wrong!"

"You backstabbing sword-swinging loser!" Chloe responded.

"Yeah, we are supposed to be after Adrien! The only way to do that is to get Marinette out of the picture!" Lila adds.

"No, there are other guys in this world and more important things than this." Kagami says as she picks up her sword and leaves the room.

"You're useless! Utterly useless!" Chloe shouts, huffing and puffing.