Chapter 31 - Unlucky Day

After the night at the Eiffel Tower, Adrien and Marinette become closer than ever. When they arrive back at school on Monday, to their surprise, Kagami has joined the class and begins to converse with Chloe and Lila. 

"Hey, are Marinette and Adrien a thing?" Kagami asks. "They seem to have gotten awfully close recently." 

"I'm not sure but I think they are. Ugh, I can't even imagine them together. I hate this." Chloe replies.

"It seems like we all have a common goal here. What do you say we do something about it? Let's say tomorrow. Marinette's locker, 30 minutes before homeroom." Lila adds. The two agree and their plan begins over lunch that day.

The Next Day...

"Alright girls. Got it? First, the locker. Make sure not to forget the umbrella. Next, we make sure we are on the same team in dodgeball today. Finally, Chemistry. Chloe will trip Marinette and it seems like the forecast will be working in our favor today." Kagami whispers to Chloe and Lila.

"Sounds like a plan. Let's get going. Now, which one is her locker Chloe?" Lila wonders.

"It's 253. Hurry, everyone is coming and the bell is going to ring in a few minutes. We got to get to our spots quickly!"

Minutes later...

Marinette and Adrien walk into the locker room together as they chat about today's classes. Marinette opens her locker as she notices something weird. "Hey, it's a little tough to open...that's weird I-"

*Splash!* Marinette squints at the rushing water in her face and slips on the puddle beneath her, falling onto the hard floor.

"What is going on? Here, let me help." Adrien says as he helps a soaking Marinette to her feet. 

"Thanks, but what are those things and how did they get in my locker?"

"I think they're water guns...but I'm not sure how they got into your locker. Ah, you're all soaked Marinette. Do you have something else to wear?"

"Yeah, I'm going to go change."

"Okay, I'll head to the janitor's closet for something to clean up all this water."

"Thanks, Adrien."

"Of course Marinette." He gives her a peck on the cheek as he leaves.

"Ew! You both are gross." Plagg whispers from inside Adrien's jacket pocket.

From a distance, Chloe, Lila, and Kagami are watching their plan go down. 

"Ew, I can't believe it. At least it worked, ha!" Lila says.

"Guys guys! She's heading to the bathroom now, we got to go!" Kagami interrupts. The girls grab a lock they set up and latch it onto the bathroom door. They snicker and hide Marinette's umbrella in one of their lockers before leaving the locker room.

After changing, Marinette tries to open the door back to the locker room only to find it's stuck. "Oh no no no! Please open! Is anyone there? Help!" What do I do? I left my purse and Tikki in the locker room. 

While Adrien is cleaning up the water from Marinette's locker, Tikki hears something and comes out of Marinette's purse. "Adrien, Marinette's in trouble! I can hear her but I can't figure out where she is!"

"What? Not again. Let's go Tikki." 

Adrien and the two kwami's begin their search just outside of the locker room and near the classrooms where Marinette would be heading to at this time. After heading back to the locker room with no luck, Marinette hears a locker close. She begins to yell out.

"Is someone there? Help!!"

Adrien rushes to the bathroom door and tries to unlock the lock. But he can't get the combination.

"Tikki, Plagg. Can you guys do something about this lock? I don't know the combination.

Tikki manages to reach in the keyhole with a small pin Marinette carried in her purse and opens the lock.

"Adrien! Thanks again! I was starting to get a little worried there."

"No problem my princess. Now, let's head to class."

The rest of the morning seems to go well for Marinette and the gang. Aside from the occasional stares from the three jealous girls of course. Marinette's day just wouldn't be complete without that.

Skip to Gym Class

The class is playing dodgeball and Chloe, Lila, and Kagami have yet another plan for making Marinette's day a living hell. 

After many rounds and lots of direct hits, the girls simply laughed and high-fived each other as Marinette struggled. 

"Hey Adrien?" Alya says tapping the lad on his shoulder. "You should watch after Marinette. She's not looking too good. Those three are being especially nasty today. Marinette told me what you guys found in her locker this morning and from what's going on today, I suspect it might have been them.

"No kidding Alya. They're being ruthless at this point. Don't worry, I'll look after her."

Soon after, a skid filled the air and everyone turned to see Marinette on the gym floor clutching the side of her head in pain.

The gym teacher simply told Kagami to be more careful and brushed it off. Meanwhile, Nino and Adrien rushed to Marinette's side as Alya told the girls off herself. Adrien took her on his back to the nurse's office.

"Hey, Marinette? You okay?"

"I think so, I just have a headache. Thanks for carrying me, you really didn't have to."

"Of course I do Marinette. It's a cat's job to look after his lady after all."

Skip to last period, Chemistry

The infamous trio had one more idea up their sleeves for today and as Marinette was heading to her lab station with a large beaker, they decided to trip her. The sound of broken glass filled the room and Ms. Mendeleiev was not happy. 

"Marinette! Clean this up!"

"But Ms. Mendeleiev, this wasn't her fault!" Rose spoke up.

But to no avail, Adrien and Alya helped her clean up but now Adrien was the one shooting glances as he clearly saw who caused this mess. 

After class, Adrien met Marinette at her locker. 

"Adrien, my umbrella is gone! It's pouring outside!"

"Don't worry, we can use mine. I'll walk you home." With that, they departed from the school together.

At the school entrance, Alya and Nino watched as the two left together. 

"Hey Nino, we need to keep an eye on those three. Something doesn't feel right here."

"Right about that Alya. I have a bad feeling about this."