Chapter 32 - Triple Threat

Marinette and Adrien walk together matching pace towards the Dupain-Cheng Bakery with an all too familiar black umbrella between them. Soon after they arrive, they head up to Marinette's bedroom to start on some homework. 

After a good thirty minutes pass, Adrien notices Marinette's lack of concentration as she has made little progress on her work. "Hey." He says putting a hand on her shoulder. "What's bothering you?"

"Well, I've just been thinking about everything that had happened today and I'm honestly kind of worried. Is this how it's going to be every day? Miserable and difficult with those three around?" 

"No, I don't think so. I never thought that Kagami of all people would get mixed up with Lila and Chloe. I will talk to her, maybe even the whole bunch if I get lucky. Tell them to stop this. Honestly, it's ridiculous."

"Aww, you're getting all protective."

"It's all because of you Marinette." he chuckles.

In Hawkmoth's Lair...

"Well hello again Lila." 

"Hello Hawkmoth, I'm here to discuss some very important business with you...regarding your akumas. You see, now Marinette is getting in the way of what I want and I want to deal with her."

"Fair enough, what exactly do you have in mind with this akumatization?"

"Well, I was hoping that you could bring back Catalyst and akumatize me, Kagami Tsurugi and Chloe Bourgeois. I have a feeling that Adrien will confront me about previous measures we've set up and that will be the perfect opportunity for us three to strike, and even take his miraculous..." 

"Well, I can't say no to such a well-thought-out plan Miss Lila. It looks like we will be seeing each other very soon."

"You will indeed sir."

The Next Day, the passing period before lunch

"Hey guys, I have to take care of something. Head to lunch without me, I'll meet you in a few minutes." Adrien states.

"Oh, okay Adrien," Marinette responds as she heads to the cafeteria with Alya and Nino. I wonder what he's up to...

In the locker room, Adrien finds Chloe, Lila, and Kagami conversing and likely gossiping.

Great. They're all here as I had hoped. "Hi. Could I talk to you three for a moment? There's something I need to clear up." 

"Of course Adrikins!" Chloe exclaims.

Adrien sighs. "I don't know what you guys are trying to do by hurting Marinette but it's not cool."

"What ever do you mean Adrien?" Lila asks coyly.

"Don't start this Lila. I know you guys have been pulling all these terrible plans recently and Marinette hasn't done anything to deserve this, and you Kagami, I don't know why you're in on this. This isn't the Kagami I know."

"Adrien! I'm doing this for you! I love you..."

"Sorry Kagami, but I love Marinette..."

"WHAT?!" the girls shriek. 

"So that's what's going on! You two are a thing!" Chloe bursts.

"I knew it! Adrien! How could you!" Lila yells. "Hawkmoth!!!"

In Hawkmoth's Lair

"Ah yes, it's time! Catalyst, send forth three akumas!"

"As you wish, sir."

Back at the School

The three red butterflies escape the large window and fly over to the school.  

"Girls, you will be named the three musketeers!" Hawkmoth announces to them. 

"Lila, your sword has the power of paralysis, Chloe your sword holds the power of destruction, and Kagami yours holds the power of speed."

As the girls become akumatized and begin to argue on what to do next, Adrien takes the opportunity to run. 

Making his way inside the main courtyard of the school, he sees Marinette talking with Alya and Nino towards the back. "Marinette! Run!" he screams. 

Moments later, in front of Marinette with his hands in hers, his horrified look is all that Marinette needed to know. 

"Adrien, what are we going to do?" she says scared.

"Don't worry, it'll be okay, but you need to get out of here. They're after you!"

Lila, Chloe, and Kagami enter the courtyard and the students begin running in all directions, searching for a safe hiding spot from the three villains. 

Marinette and Adrien quickly separate and shoot glances at each other as they part. 

As part of their earlier argument, Chloe and Kagami head to the exit in pursuit of Marinette while Lila takes Adrien. 

Adrien ducks under the stairwell and swiftly transforms. "Plagg, Claws Out!" 

As Lila and Adrien battle it out in the school courtyard, he is hit in the hand with her sword. "What on earth did you do to my hand? I can't move it!"

"I've paralyzed your hand you see, now the real fight begins!" she exclaims.

With one hand, he dodges the many attacks Lila throws at him and finds a small window of time to grab his staff and succeeds in separating Lila from her weapon. 

He uses his leg to break the sword in two and his destructive power releases the akuma and Lila from Hawkmoth's grasp and he destroys the small butterfly with his Cataclysm.

"Alright, one down. Now two more to go."