18. Bartending.

Mrs Ekuban had a dream that I was getting married in a beautiful white dress with a long flowing train and that has been weighing heavily on my mind since she delivered her vision. I sat behind the self serve bar pouring my second glass of whiskey when Kwashie walked up. She hasn't left my side since Christmas Day and Mrs Ekuban occupied the guest room. She allowed me and Kwashie sleeping in the same bed after much convincing that we weren't having sex.

"Two shots, please." Kwashie said taking a seat on one of the bar stools.

"What would you like, handsome?" I asked.

"If you don't have a 9 millimeter I'll take tequila instead," I stared at her with a gaping mouth and wide eyes.

I finally turned around to take the tequila off the shelf and took up two shot glasses resting them in front of her. I took out a mini dish and placed two lime wedges on it while I searched for the salt shaker. I found it and placed it in front of her then went to pour the tequila into the shot glasses. I watched her bit into the lime, licked the salt from the back of her hand and then threw the shot back.

"It's lick, drink, suck." I said to her.

"You've never complained when I sucked and licked then drunk you up." She winked at me.

"Focus on what's happening right now, son." I snapped my fingers at her.

"Isn't it funny we got each other time pieces for Christmas?" She asked me looking at the Zenith El Primero pendulum watch that I gave her as a gift.

"You got me a clock," I laughed.

"Isn't it a time piece?" She raised her eyebrow.

"I guess it is. Thanks for replacing the clock you broke," I smiled at her.

"It wasn't my hand that hit the clock from the wall," she said.

"Well... if you weren't doing what you were doing then my hand wouldn't have been there to hit the clock off the wall in the first place," I rolled my eyes.

She got up from the bar stool and made her way around to me behind the bar. She had my back against the bar while her body was firmly pressed against mines with her hands on my hips. She leaned her head close to my ear and I could feel her breath tickling my ear.

"Do you need some more act right?" She pressed her strap against my leg and I tensed up at the memory of what she calls act right.

"Nah bruh, I'm good." I coughed trying to clear my throat.

"Are you sure? Because I remembered telling you to not roll your eyes at me." She held my jaw firmly between her fingers.

"Watchyu gon do?" I asked.

"I think you already know," she slapped my thigh and I let out a small moan from the impact.

This girl has something over me man, I've never acted like this before. I squirmed every time she touched me and my body responded just to the intense looks she gives me. I've been acting out just so I can get some "act right" dick. She's gonna send me over the edge one of these days.

"What is happening here?" I heard Mrs Ekuban call from the entryway. The room to the bar didn't have a door.

"I was getting something from behind her mama," Kwashie said taking up a scotch glass.

"Who is the bartender on duty? I would like a glass of white wine," Mrs Ekuban said.

"McGlashan, at your service." I bowed and pushed Kwashie from behind the bar.

I took a second to recollect myself to stop my shaking fingers and took the wine glass from its hanger. I took the already opened bottle of white wine from the wine cooler and poured it into the glass. I placed a napkin on the bar top as I set the glass on top of it and pushed it closer to Mrs Ekuban.