23. Secrets.

Kwashie has been getting a lot of attention lately and I wasn't sure if I was just overthinking it. We were now walking to the tailor to give our measurements for our wedding suits. I know I lost the bet but she made it known that if I wanted to wear the suit, I could and that's how we decided that I'd still be the conventional bride and wear white.

We had a heated argument about the wedding theme but at least we agreed to having an evening beach wedding and the reception would be held at the hotel close by. We didn't have to worry ourselves with the wedding plans but Kwashie was obsessive and wanted things to go her way.

"You go first," She said once we got into the store.

I nodded realizing there was no arguing with her these days. She was more secretive and closed off, she even spent less and less time with me at my house always making up some excuse that her mom needs her or her father needs help with work. Mr Ekuban is a lawyer as well, he just didn't work at the same law firm as Richard.

I stretched my arms and allowed the tailor to take my measurements while staring out at nothing in particular, my mind was running wild with assumptions. Why was Kwashie behaving like this now when we'd be getting married in two months time?

"All set," the tailor smiled as he helped me to step off the pedestal.

"You are quite beautiful," he complimented me.

"Thank you," I nodded.

"I have a daughter that would be interested in someone of your calibre." He said.

"Someone masculine yet still maintain the right amount of femininity." He finished.

"Maybe last year your daughter would've gotten lucky but unfortunately for her, I am engaged to be married soon." I confessed.

"Who's the lucky spouse?" I smiled at his use of the neutral word spouse.

"He's coming in for his fitting next," I moved towards the door.

"Ah, Mr Ekuban?" He asked.

"Yes," I smiled.

"This isn't me being a tattletale but there's a female that has taken quite a fancy to the young man, it's almost to the point of zealousness." He whispered.

"Wha..." I didn't bother to finish the sentence.

"Thank you for telling me," I patted his shoulder as I opened the door and stepped through.

Kwashie was talking to the clerk with a flirtatious smile on his face. I loudly cleared my throat sticking my hands into the pockets of my grey slacks.

"Mary, this is my fiancée Zidania." She quickly changed her stance and outstretched  her arm towards me.

I gave her a bitter smile and motioned for Kwashie to go see the tailor. After she passed me kissing my jaw on the way into the room, I stood my ground staring at the clerk, Mary. She held my gaze with a cunning smile etched onto her face, she was daring. I liked that.

"Mary.." my voice was smooth and calculated.

"Zidania, right?" She tilted her head.

"Please, Zim." I corrected her.

"Zim.." she tested out my name.

"What is your gameplay?" I asked.

"Whatever do you mean?" Her voice was sarcastic and it angered me.

"What is that you want from my fiancé?"

"Kwashie?" She let out a humorless laugh.

"Nothing, I promise. He's all bark and no bite but I'm not the one with the hots for your fiancé," she clicked her tongue.