35. Figures.

I laid between Richard and Fatima in his King size bed that had royal purple sheets on them. He faired well without Sophia and even though Sharon had to help him tuck his sheets around the edges better, he did well enough. We didn't leave Big Banana right away, we sat and ate in silence while I watched the tv and Fatima watched me. I got Richard's pizza to go and two extra large pizzas for my stress eating that was bound to happen and here I was lying on my back shoving a slice of pizza crust in my mouth.

"She's so stupid." I cussed.

"She is." Richard said.

"She's so dumb." Fatima added.

"She is." Richard said again.

"How could she do that to me? To us?" I said with a mouth full of pizza.

"I am definitely hurt." Richard said.

"Like, the same girl that cursed me. How could you go on a date with someone who doesn't want happiness for you?"

"I mean, she could have her reasons." Fatima said.

"Is there really any reasoning behind going on a date behind my back?" I asked getting irritated.

"Have you spoken to Mr Citronelli?" Richard asked.

He knew about my deal with him, he thought it was dangerous but I assured him I was well looked after. Richard was my confidant and the only information I was yet to share was my main reason for going to Mr Citronelli in the first place.

"I spoke to him. He found out some information on her. Apparently, she took her tuition money to pay for the hit and wants it to be done before the end of November which is next week." I shared the information.

"Wow.." Fatima said.

"Yeah, wow." Richard added.

I sighed as I finished my slice of pizza and stretched for another one. The box rested on Fatima's stomach so it wasn't far.

"Can we go down to the bar?" I asked them.

Richard got up first and then I moved behind him. I was in his white T-shirt that was oversized on me and stopped mid thigh. Fatima came behind us with the untouched box of pizza and the half done one in her hands. We got to the bar and I sat on a stool beside Fatima while Richard went behind to serve us. He handed me my wooden box first and I realized how terrible his parenting skills were by allowing me to smoke and drink. I shrugged it off and took up a backwoods rolling up a joint from weed I had previously ground. I rolled one for Fatima and then took out a blunt White Owl cigar for Richard. He poured wine for himself, a beer for Fatima and Whiskey on the rocks for me. We all ate from the pizza box and drank while smoking.

The main question on deck was, what are we going to do? More specifically, what was I going to do? I wasn't so sure myself.

"You can't kill her." Richard scrunched up his face at Fatima.

"It was only a suggestion." She laughed.

"Oh my God. I don't wanna be around your suggestions anymore, I don't want to be a witness." Richard covered his ears.

"I prefer to be in front of the stand, not behind." I mocked Richard.

"Thank you, Zim." He bowed his head at me.

"Why exactly did we need to plan over a new wedding again?" I asked Richard.

"Because we need it to be believable." He answered.

"The McGlashans and Ekubans sure have money to blow on two expensive weddings not far apart from each other." I pointed out.

"Don't worry, it's the least we can do for our little investments. We shall reap the rewards afterwards." He laughed as he pinched my jaws.