28. Voodoo doll.

Do you know that meme where kermit is sitting on a bed and it says, when your alarm wakes you up and you realize you didn't die in your sleep? That was me right now. I know this is my first day but geez, spending one year out of school did something to a nigga you know? I liked school work but I hated school maybe I should just get a job and take evening classes or online classes but then I actually have the opportunity while others didn't so I'm going to suck it up and get up.

Richard wanted to drive me to school this morning but I asked him how would I get back home if my Jeep was parked in the garage? I groaned as I pulled my sheets back and breathed out into the cold room before getting up and flicking the light switch on. I wish I was one of those persons that rose with the sun but even so, no sun filtered into my room anyways.

I repeatedly hissed my teeth as I walked into the bathroom and flicked that switch on too. I stared at my reflection and hissed one more time. I stepped into the shower waiting on the water to heat up while I played with the falling droplets. I bathed and washed my hair getting out and standing on the mat dripping wet. I stepped onto the other mat facing my counter and brushed my teeth. I made faces as I ran my fingers over my line up and fade, at least I looked good.

By the time I exfoliated my face, washed it and moisturized, I was dry so I went to my dresser for my matching Fila sports bra and boxers putting them on. I was a time waster, a big time waster so I dragged myself over to my vanity and decided to do my eyebrows, I should have time. I made kissy faces after I was through and ran my tinted lip balm over my lips. I squeezed a ton of moisturizer in my palms rubbing them together and running my hands through my hair. I popped the top of the gel container and scooped some up going in to define my curls. I shook my head to make them pop and I leaned back looking at myself. I took up my phone and started to snap pictures of my self, the lighting from my vanity was bomb and my ego was large.

"Why aren't you ready???" I heard someone shout from the door.

I dropped my phone with a loud bang and looked over at Kwashie standing at the door. She was in dark fitted jeans and a light blue patterned button down.

"Bro, you scared me and I'm like 95% ready." I got up and walked into my closet.

"You're still in your underwear Zim."

"You want an award for being obvious?"

"You want an award for being late on the first day?" She sarcastically said.

"I didn't tell you to come for me." I rolled my eyes and pulled my dark blue joggers from the shelf.

"You seriously aren't wearing joggers on your first day of school." She said to me.

"What's wrong with joggers?" I drew the pants from her grip.

"Wear pants or slacks."

"No.."

"Yes.."

"Nah.."

"Yah.."

"We really doing this right now?"

"Yes.. pants or slacks."

I groaned loudly and threw the joggers down stepping over it and took up a beige colored pants drawing it on. I took my burgundy and blue short sleeve button down from the hanger and pulled it on. I went back to my drawers and took out a pair of socks putting them on and took my black suede Clark's from the shoe rack sliding into them.

"Better." She said walking up to me and kissing my cheek.

I accessorized and took up my money clip and phone. I had packed a bag from last night with three books and a binder with my pencil case and journal that I always used for doodles or reminders. My mind was shallow, I couldn't stand myself sometimes.