31. F is for Friends.

Here I was, walking through the campus yard with stares melting my skin from all around me. It wasn't bad enough that the sun was pelting today, no I had to have teenagers and young adults shooting bullets at me with their eyes. Of course the news had spread, it had spread like wildfire over the one week I wasn't here. I had successfully sat through the one hour and forty-five minutes of Journalism 101 this morning and the mental prep I gave myself was a waste of time because Kacely wasn't there. I heard that the handsome dark skinned knight in shining armor demanded to have either me or Kacely change classes because she was the reason for my episode.

"Something triggered it... we don't know.. I'll get more information later on." I had heard one girl mutter this morning to her friend.

"I heard it had to do with that African girl, Kacely. Heard she got pregnant for the fiancé but he didn't love her." That voice I recognized as Abigail, the one who couldn't believe I was engaged at such a young age on the first day.

My mind was growing weary of the million versions of the story and it all boiled down to me being the idiot for staying or having a death wish. It was even worst with the ignorance of them saying that I should've known better than to fuck with an African because of their history of practicing witchcraft but I believe this African should've known better than to fuck with me, the plain Jane of the world.

I walked to the cafeteria for lunch, gun tucked into my waist band with a large T-shirt covering it. I was in full black today because I had to do a drop for Mr Citronelli after school, the Acura was parked in the school's parking lot with four duffle bags sitting in the trunk. Each held stacks of 25K adding up to 1 million dollars, this wasn't the most money I've transported but I was still on edge because I was at school. What if someone identified me and tracked me back here? Or followed me? I tried to push the thoughts to the back of my mind as Kwashie walked up to me with her subway bag and soda cup in hand.

"Hey baby." She kissed my forehead before sitting down.

I always looked like a stud but today was extra masculine because I had to do the drop. The gasps around the room made me roll my eyes as I let out a groan of frustration.

"What's wrong?" She asked me.

"Nothing, I'm just tired." I gave her a half smile.

"You spent one whole week at home."

"Okay, and?" I asked getting frustrated with her.

"Just saying. How was class?"

"Good. Thanks for getting Kacely out of my class."

"How'd you know?" She sipped her soda.

"News travel at the speed of light." I chuckled.

"I wanted to get her kicked out of the school, honestly." She laughed.

"Wouldn't mind that at all." I snickered.

"I missed you." She sighed.

"Well, I've been home ridden for one whole week. You knew where to find my house and not once did you come to look for me." I calmly said.

"I did.." she defended.

"The day after I came from the hospital? The first day of my sick leave? Suuuuure." I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, I was busy." She said.

"Okay."

She sighed and continued to eat her food. I liked subway but half a sub can't full my belly and I need a side dish like fries or something which they didn't do. I'll start fucking with Subway when they start serving fries and cole slaw. I spooned some rice into my mouth as I stared over at Kwashie. I've always loved her subtle features, her soft yet defined jawline and her wide dark eyes. She was tall and her constant bench presses broadened her shoulders and tightened her chest. All of the girls seem to drool over her and all I did was roll my eyes and kept it pushing. I wasn't afraid to pop shit but I wasn't going to start shit just because their eyes lingered too long ogling my fiancée, after all she was a spectacle to behold.