•Chapter 1•

Mitchel's POV

"Are you ready?"

I ask, raising my eyebrow, giving everyone a look of eagerness. Jesse rolls his eyes at my annoyed attitude. I pick my drink up, tired of waiting for Christian to show up so we could celebrate our accomplishments.

"Put it down, he isn't here. It wouldn't be fair." Clinton snaps.

I scoff, obeying anyway and putting my drink down in frustration.  Christian was already 15 minutes. He's always late, it shouldn't be a surprise but I was so excited to drink (and to celebrate) that I didn't care whether he was here or not. Perhaps it wouldn't have been fair if we celebrated without him, but it also wasn't fair that he had the audacity to make us wait. I cross my arms, and lean back in my chair.

"He's probably busy fuckin' around with Alexa...he's almost twenty minutes late, can we just celebrate?" I ask with a whiny tone in my voice.

Clinton sighs, and I smile with excitement.

"Who's going to toast?"

I was going to volunteer, but I hear the front door open. I narrow my eyes the minute I see Christian, but Alexa as well. I didn't invite her. She wasn't apart of our band.

"Sorry we're late. We had a problem with the car."

Alexa smiles at all of us and everyone gets up to greet them with a hug. Except me.

"Car trouble? Really? That's the best you could come up with Kras?"

Alexa glares at me and I glare back. My annoying brother nudges me but I ignore him. I continue glaring at the basic couple in the room. The one time he needed to be on time for something, he's too busy banging his girlfriend. I've always let it slide, but this time it was important. Not only to me, but the whole band. He turns to look at me, giving me his classic "I'm sorry" look. I shake my head in disappointment.

"Sit down so we can celebrate." I mutter when Christian walks past me.

I sigh to myself, but plaster a fake smile in order to not let Christian's attitude bring me down. I get up and everyone picks up their glass. I smile to myself, adjusting my glasses before speaking.

"Jesse, Pat, Clinton, Christian and...yeah" I glance at Alexa, noticing she was comfortably sitting on Christian's lap even though there were two other empty seats. I sarcastically laugh and continue "Myself."

 Alexa didn't have shit to do with how far we've come. It was stupid of her to believe she had.

"It's been about four years since we've become a band. Since then we've released 2 EP's, released our debut album Chase Atlantic and some other random shit that's been hella amazing. We signed with Warner Bros. and now we have the BBMAs in little over a year, which we were invited to and Numb To The Feeling is nominated for Best Song of the Year next to Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande and some random K-pop group. Our biggest accomplishment yet boys."

Everybody smiles at one another, realizing we were slowly reaching all of our goals. 

"We're almost at the top, which is amazing since we started in Australia. Now, our audience is all  over America, South America and so many other amazing places. All we have to do is beat Cardi B and we're fuckin' it dudes"

Everyone laughs, and I take a moment to gather how I want to finish my toast. I smile and raise my glass a little higher

"Point is, there is so much more that we are going to accomplish, and I couldn't be happier than to do it with all of my favorite people." I give them a warm hearted smile.