•Chapter 11•

Christian's POV

The days were going by fast and our hours consisted of practicing for our performance at the BBMAs. It was tiring but at the same time it put up a good distraction for all of us.

" We have a little less than 11 months now." Jesse begins explaining. Mitchel groans and leans back in his chair.

"Mike already told us that Mitchel will come up from under the stage, that's how the whole thing will begin. Christian and Clinton will be in their usual positions...Jesse and I will be a little towards the back."

"We still have to run the full thing and meet some of the backup dancers." Pat adds. Mitchel groans again. Throwing his pencil at the wall.

"You idiots still haven't picked out what you're gonna wear either." He mutters looking at me. Clinton and yourself need to figure out your outfits for pictures and for the actual performance and so do you." He points at Pat and Jesse. I roll my eyes and silently watch as everyone has a small freak out.

"I don't know what I wanna wear." Clinton whines.

"I'm wearing that black silk shirt with the white flowers. The other outfit Mike gave me at our wardrobe fitting the other day." 

It fit him nicely. It was a black floral buttoned down shirt. It complimented his body nicely. 

"Why are we worrying about this now?" I groan. Jesse waves me off and I sulk back into my seat.

"The lighting throughout the performance will be red and there will be some light flashing during the chorus. I also heard Mike say there's gonna be some smoke for some added effect."  Mitchel gets up and crosses his arms.

"Why the fuck didn't I know about this?" He asks frustrated. Everyone shrugs again and he throws his hands up in the air dramatically. Slumping back in his seat. 

"If this doesn't turn out good, I'm selling everything and leaving the country." He pulls a cigarette out from his pants and I watch him raise it to his lips. I quickly look away so he doesn't notice me staring at him and I focus on whatever Clinton was saying. Even though Mitchel never brought it up again and acted like he didn't tell me what happened between him and Matthew, I couldn't get it out of my head. It had nothing to do with me but it pained me knowing Mitchel went through a bad time and I wasn't there like I should've been. My time had revolved around Alexa at all times, that the important people became less important over a girl. I love and care for Alexa a lot but it sucked that I put her above everyone and everything. Losing her was hard but it was my own fault. I wanted to regret kissing Mitchel but a part of me didn't. It kept entering my thoughts at random moments.

"We have a 6 hour rehearsal of our performance next Tuesday." I hear Mitchel mutter. I look over and see him mindlessly flipping through some papers he had on his desk. Everyone came to his room whenever we had a group meeting, which he didn't mind.

Pat was sitting by the glass doors and was looking out. Mitchel had a great view from his room. You could see the hills, the water, the buildings and it showed a great sunset. I remember all the times Mitchel and I would get drunk and talk for hours about random things out on the balcony he had. I missed those moments. Never in a billion years did I ever think I would be so close to him but I didn't think we could get any closer. The kid meant the world to me and I couldn't lose him even if I wanted to. All the good and bad things (if there were any) about him, made him Mitchel and I loved Mitchel. I loved his whole family and I knew they loved mine.

 I always felt like a son to Biddi and Brian and I knew Mitchel was like a son to my parents too. I was thankful to have met Mitchel, and I knew I would always be grateful for him. He made my life better and together we made the perfect team. Sometimes I wondered what life would be like without him but every time I did, it was never anything good. I look up and see him laughing at something Pat had said. I smile to myself and enjoy seeing Mitchel look happy. He still had on my necklace I let him borrow yesterday but I didn't mind. He looked good.