•Chapter 15•

Christian's POV

"Hey mum" I say as I lay down on my bed.

"Hey sweetie. How are you?"
She asks, sounding tired.

"I'm me" I laugh slightly and rest my arm behind my head.

"You sound tired? Are you alright?" I ask.

"I'm okay. It's been a long day. I was planting flowers in the garden today." I hear the happiness in her voice and I felt better knowing she was okay.

"Tell me about this fight, Christian." I bite the inside of my cheek and don't breathe for a second.

"It was nothing." I reply.

"Nothing? You got arrested. I saw the pictures." she says seriously.

"I'm sorry. In my defense, I was hit twice and I was only defending myself."

"Who is this Matthew kid?" She asks in disgust.

"Mitchel's ex." I shrug and there was silence. I sit up and search my brain to fix what I just said.

"I mean-"

"I always knew he had a thing for guys" she says after a few minutes.

"Sorry. That wasn't meant to come out." I curse myself for outing Mitchel to my mum but I trusted her more than anyone so I knew his secret was safe with her.

"My mouth is shut. I promise." she says quietly. I smile to myself and lay back down.

"Can we talk about something?"

"Sure honey. Is everything okay?" I could hear the concern in her voice and I was wishing I could see her in person.

"Mitchel's in love with me." I breathe out nervously.

"Okay and the sky is blue. Your point?" I roll my eyes and scratch my neck.

"Everyone could tell but me. How is that even possible?" I ask annoyed.

"I don't know but it was obvious to me."

"I like him too."

"What about Alexa?"

"We broke up a little over a week ago." I hear my phone buzz and I remove it from my ear, seeing it was a message from Clinton. I swipe it away and put the phone back to my ear.

"I'm sorry to hear that, she was a sweet girl. Have you told Mitchel?"

"I've done a lot more than that. I kissed him too." I cover my eyes with my arm and cringe at myself for not making it more special for him.

"Whoa whoa. We went from 0 to 100 in not even five minutes. When the hell did this happen?" I sigh and bite my lip.

"A lot has happened. We got into a huge ass fight, he was hurt, I kissed him and then a few days ago we got into another small argument and I told him I liked him and that I wanted to give us a shot but he said no." sadness flooded my body and I roll over on to my side.

"Well, why?"

"He loves me. I like him. He thinks I'll treat it like my past relationships." Maybe he wasn't wrong. I hear her hum in response and I could tell I was slightly confusing her but I was confusing every body lately.

"I get his point. How long has he felt this way?" I shrug but realize she couldn't see me.

"Two years maybe. He liked me before he started dating Matthew but they broke up and Matthew's in jail now." I say happily.