•Chapter 14•

Mitchel's POV

I flickered my eyes open but couldn't keep them open. The sun was beating down into my room and I cover my eyes, not able to endure the brightness. I think I would rather have my eyes bleed than look at the sun. I had a really bad headache and I was already beginning to feel nauseous, I figured it was from all the drinking I had done last night. I open my eyes again and look up at the ceiling. I look over and see my phone, a glass of water and two aspirins on my bedside table. A little smile creeps onto my face and I grab the little white pills. I take them and close my eyes again. I couldn't remember what happened last night but my eye hurt and I was confused as to why. I still had my clothes on and they smelled heavily of alcohol and sweat. I grab my phone and see a few messages but like usual, nothing important. I hear a soft knock on my door and before I could say anything I see Clinton walk in.

"Hey. Good morning" he says.

"Morning." I reply.

"How'd you sleep?" He asks. I shrug and rest my head on my hand.

"Alright, I guess. What happened last night?" I laugh but notice him stiffen a little.

"You don't remember?" I shake my head and reach for my water.

"That's why I'm asking" I take a sip and he doesn't say anything.

"You're acting weird. Did I do something?" I ask confused. He shakes his head and looks down.

"My eye hurts really bad." I move the sheets from my body and get up to walk towards my bathroom. Clinton still doesn't say anything. I notice the drawer was open so I close it and look up.

"Uh, Clinton" I back up and he looks up at me.

"What the fuck happened last night?" He looks down again and I walk towards him. I cross my arms and stand in front of him.

"Hello? Are you deaf? What the hell happened?" He sighs and gets up.

"Does it hurt?" He asks.

"Well yeah it fucking hurts. I have a black eye" I point at my face and he remains silent.

"Christian and Matthew got into a fight." he says softly. I furrow my brows and I don't move.

"Okay, how does that explain my eye?" I ask annoyed.

"I'm not sure who did it, it all happened pretty fast but you tried to intervene, I didn't pull you away fast enough and one of them hit you in the rush of the moment." he puts his hands in his pocket and avoids looking at me. I could tell he felt bad for not watching me more carefully but it pissed me off that I was that drunk. I look down at my feet and walk back to the bathroom.

"Why did they get in a fight?" I ask, studying my eye in the mirror.

"I'm not entirely sure. I wasn't there. Ask Jesse"

"So who hit who?" I ask.

"Matthew shoved Christian first, Christian didn't do anything but then he said something and Matthew punched him." He shrugs and I look up in the mirror again.

"Why was Christian mad that Matthew was with me?" I ask.

"I'm not sure. All of us but Pat weren't exactly sober. You were the most drunk though." I back up from the mirror and head back to my bed.

"Where's Matthew?" I was happy Christian hadn't started the fight but I was upset that it still happened.

"in a jail cell probably. They're doing the booking process." I nod my head and look at the wall in front of me.