•Chapter 24•

Christian's POV
3 months~

"Ah, the sky is so beautiful." Mitchel says, sticking his head out the window.
"I'm sure you would know." He glances at me and I shoot him a quick wink before refocusing my attention on the road. The sky looked like one of those really cliché movie scenes where everything is going great but falls apart somewhere along the line, I hoped that wouldn't happen with us though. Although, I secretly loved those movies. They made me feel happy and hold on to some sort of hope of finding someone I could spend the rest of my life with. Maybe Mitchel was that person. I wouldn't be against it. The sky was a beautiful light purple mixed with some pink and Mitchel couldn't stop staring at it. I could tell it was his favorite part of the day, and soon enough it became mine too. Everything Mitchel enjoyed soon became everything I enjoyed. I didn't mind when something I used to dislike became something I did or listened to when I wasn't around Mitchel. Even when I was out with friends, working on music, running errands or Mitchel simply wasn't home, I always did something that would make me feel like he was close some way or another. It sounded a little obsessive but everything I said or did reminded me of him. He took up every fragment of my mind, sometimes it was a little annoying. He turns up the music and rests his head on his arm as he lets the breeze hit his face. I glance at him and admire how perfect he looked with a smug look on his face. I open the sun roof and stare ahead of me. I slow down as we approach a red light and my thoughts drift off to a night Mitchel and I were sitting on his balcony.

3 weeks ago

"Light my cigarette?" I grab the lighter off the floor and light the cigarette Mitchel had already propped in his mouth. I watch as the little flame hit the cigarette and soon enough I smell smoke. I open a beer and take a sip before handing it to Mitchel.

"It's cold." He mumbles. I look at him and notice he isn't wearing a shirt. "You're not wearing a shirt, of course you're cold." I roll my eyes and take off my sweatshirt. He smiles and puts it on. He leans his head on my shoulder and curls his legs closer to his body. I wrap my arm around him and lean my head against his. He hands me the cigarette and I reluctantly take it.

"Guess what?" He moves away and turns to face me. "What's up?" I ask happily. "We have been together for three months and five days." He says to me proudly. I give him a kiss and burn the cigarette out. For some reason, he made me want to stop doing all the things I did to get rid of any pain I felt.

"I think that's longer than either of us would've thought." I say to him truthfully. He gives me a slight shrug and leans his elbows on my legs. I look down at his face and he looks back into my eyes. "I don't think things could be any better." He admits.

"I agree. I like how things are going. I hope it will be like this forever."

"Forever?" I nod my head and give him a light kiss on his nose. "Forever." I repeat. I let the word sink into my brain and I liked it. "Why not forever? We seem compatible, right?"

"Before you knew how I felt, I told Clinton, right? Well, he told me he thought we could be beneficial for one another." Mitchel says shyly. "I guess he was right."

Clinton wasn't wrong, he was a smart man. Sometimes he did stupid things but he was pretty spot on when it came to his little brother. Mitchel sits up properly and I take his hands into mine.

"I think we are perfect."

"You think I'm cheesy?" he says in disbelief. He scoffs and looks back at me. "Maybe you've had too much to drink." He replies playfully. I roll my eyes and kiss him again. I loved the feeling of his lips against mine. I could never get tired of it.

"You bring out a side of me I didn't even know was there. All the cheesy things I've said, I've never felt with anyone else, and if I had, I would've never said them aloud." I take another sip of beer and watch as the sky gets darker.