•Chapter 26•

This is very long.

Mitchel's POV
10 months~
~Performance

I adjust my tie and look at myself in the mirror. It was finally the day all of us had been waiting for. I take the small
necklace out of my pocket and look down at the small piece of metal attached to the chain. I see a hand take it from me and I quickly look up. My eyes greet Christian and he adjusts the necklace around my neck, I guess he had a thing for putting necklaces on for me. I hadn't seen him come in but he calmed all the anxiety I had. I look at him through the mirror and he smiles. He places a gentle kiss on my neck and I bite my lip in response. I take a deep breath and I take his hands into mine.

"You look amazing." I felt my cheeks get warm and I nod my head. "You look good too." I admit. We were only wearing tuxes (for now) but the whole ensamble complimented him in every way possible. I hear a knock on the door and we both look over.

"Limo is here. Time to go." our stylist says before leaving again. We walk out and I meet Clinton by the back door. I peak outside the window and see a shiny black limo. I had never ridden in a fancy limo before. I continue to hold on to Christian's hand and he didn't seem to mind, which made me happy. We're led outside and quickly rushed into the limo. It was big and very spacious. My eyes look up at I catch all the small sparkles on the roof. I look around and spot a bottle of champagne and three glasses. We all glance at one another and I shrug. I pop the bottle open and a smile appears on each of our faces. I pour some in each glass and hand a glass to Christian and one to Clinton. I raise my glass and a momentary flash of our last toast appears in my head. Last time Christian was late. I was angry. He was dating Alexa and I was completely broken over all of it. Now, a year later, Christian wasn't late. I wasn't angry. Alexa wasn't involved and Christian was in love with me. I smile to myself and give Christian a kiss before continuing.

"Ewe." Clinton groans. I roll my eyes and clear my throat.

"Here is to the beginning of a night we never thought would happen." Tears brim my eyes but I blink them away. We were all emotional over this and I could tell how much it meant to each of us individually. Christian and Clinton clear their throats before I continue. We were missing Pat and Jesse but they didn't want to be apart of having our interviews and pictures done.

"We are very close to winning Artist of the Year and on top of that, we have our first performance on live television in front of millions of people. We've practiced really fucking hard and it's all going to show tonight. I'm beyond proud. I love you both. Work hard. Remember what we have practiced, but most importantly, remember to have fun." We clink our glasses together and shove the bubbly liquid down our throats. I hold onto Christian's hand as we impatiently wait to arrive. We hear screaming fans and we all look at each other nervously. The windows were tinted which meant no one could see in but we could see out. I saw hundreds of screaming girls and I see two gates open. I swallow hard and squeeze my leg with my other hand. The gates close once the limo is past them and Christian looks out the window. The car stops and the door opens. My eyes widen at all the people that were around. Christian grips my hand harder and I could tell Clinton was letting his nerves get the best of him but he was controlling them well. We all get out and do our best to slap smiles on our faces. I knew we were excited but beyond nervous at the same time. I wanted everything to run smoothly. I felt better with the two closest people by my side but my nerves were sky rocketing. Security makes room for us to walk and we all look around at the new environment we were being introduced to. There were many photographers and many people we immediately recognized. I wave at the group of people who were screaming our names and doing their best to get as close as possible. Security gestures for us towards the red carpet, that was surprisingly longer than I thought it would be. I nudge Christian forward and he sends me a glare. I wink at him and we each walk in front of a huge banner that had a bunch of sponsored places written on it. In the middle, in colourful letters,  it read the words AMAs and a smile forces its way on my face. I hear more screaming fans and I wave again. I numb out the noise and realize I was still holding Christian's hand. I let go and let my hands rest beside me. I figured anyone's assumptions about Christian and I would be confirmed once those pictures got out. The camera flashes were so bright I was pretty sure I was going to even more blind. I blink my eyes and look above them all. I hear more people screaming each of our names and I do my best to turn to face each way we were asked to. We move further down and repeat the same process. I look down and see Mike and our stylist waiting for us. I was wondering what had happened to them after we had left. We move again and relief floods over me when we were done taking pictures. It was an exuberant feeling but it put a lot of pressure on you.