•Chapter 23•

Christian's POV
2 months

"I'll see you later?" Mitchel asks as I throw on my shirt. "Yeah." I reply. I give him a quick kiss and pick up my keys as I make my way out the door.  I sit in my car for a moment and scroll through my messages, no one ever answered me. I sigh and see Mitchel walk out the house with Jesse, Clinton and Pat following. I wave at them and pull out the driveway. I roll my windows down and enjoy the cool breeze that ran through out my car. It was something I knew Mitchel always loved. A small smile creeps up on my face from the thought and I hated being away from him more than five seconds. He was apart of me and when we weren't near one another, we would miss each other but this was a completely different feeling. It was as if a part of me was removed and I had to deal with it, even if it was for a few hours, minutes or even seconds. I grip the steering wheel in my hands and push away the feeling that was forcing its way up to my heart. I take a deep breath and turn right. I scan the parking lot and look for the white Nissan Alexa drove. I spot it and park in the next empty spot. I was happy she was home. I contemplate whether or not I should bring my phone but give in and put it in my back pocket. I lock my car and make my way inside. There were many people and I took some pictures with a few fans who asked. I walk down the hallway and look at the numbers on the doors. I find the right number and knock. I put my hands in my pockets in an awkward attempt to not feel so nervous. I swallow hard and hear the lock click. The door opens and I see Alexa. I breathe out and she gives me a weird look.

"Oh. Hey there, stranger." She says confused at my sudden appearance. I knew it was weird for me to randomly show up at her apartment, especially after all the times I tried to push her away. "Come in." She opens the door more and I walk inside her well
kept apartment. I remembered spending a lot of time here. The pictures of us she once had were gone and replaced with pictures of her family and friends. It smelled of apples and cinnamon, a smell I used to love. I turn around and look at her.

"You don't normally show up without saying something."

"I don't show up at all." I reply. "Do you need something?" I didn't need anything. I wasn't sure why I came to her apartment, and I knew if Mitchel had known he would've been upset. Then again, I wasn't doing anything but being friendly. "I wanted to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for pushing you away and messing with your feelings." She crosses her arms and leans against the wall.

"I don't understand how one day you're into me and then the next you're into Mitchel." I sigh and scratch the back of my neck.

"It wasn't that fast, I promise. I'm not even in love with him." My eyes widen at my response and I look down at the wood floor in embarrassment.

"Are you guys together?" She asks. "Yes. We've been dating for a little over two months." I watch as she remains silent and grabs a glass of water that was on the counter. "That's what I don't understand. We were happy together. I knew he had feelings for you but never once did I think just because you knew, you would leave me and go to him."

"It took time, Alexa. My feelings for Mitchel are progressing as the days go by. I promise I never meant to hurt you intentionally." My phone buzzes but I ignore it.

"You have to look at it from my point of view. We were together. We were happy. You find out about Mitchel's feelings and that's it." My face softens and I look down at the ground again.

"Doesn't make sense does it?" I feel my phone vibrate again and I pull it out. "Hold on." I mutter. I hear her sigh and I look at the multiple of messages I was receiving from Clinton, Jesse and Pat. I scan them quickly and shove my phone back in pocket.

"I have to go." I say to Alexa awkwardly. She nods and I quickly make my way out the door. I look down to avoid eye contact with any fans and rush to my car. I felt bad for leaving her with more questions. I unlock my car and get in.