•Chapter 17•

Mitchel's POV

As we were driven home a wave of loneliness washed over me and the pain worsened. I clench my first and bring it up to my heart. After so many times of being hurt the pain felt more real than before. My heart felt like it was bruised, beaten and torn out. I knew I couldn't sit here staring out the window and say I never hurt a girl (or even Matthew) before but it never amounted to the pain I somehow always received. Any pain I caused someone else I always regretted but a part of me wanted someone else to feel it too. It seemed messed up at first but I didn't feel alone knowing someone else felt that pain. I close my eyes and try to steady my breath as my eyes burned with continuous tears.

"We're home." I hear Clinton whisper. I nod my head and get out, trying to find my house key that was in one of my pockets. I see Clinton hand the driver some money and I unlock the door. I throw my keys down and contemplate on grabbing the package of beer that was in the fridge. I change my mind and make my way to my room. I quickly kick my shoes off and close my curtains, not wanting to expose myself to the sun. I sit down at my desk and open one of the drawers. I knew I had a packet of cigarettes somewhere and my body was craving one with everything in me. The sadness started to fade and replaced itself with anger. I pull everything in my drawer out but with my luck, there weren't any cigarettes. I shove the drawer closed angrily but my finger gets caught.

"Fuck" I hiss, trying to remove my finger. I wiggle my hand a little and open the drawer, pulling my finger out. It was red and for a second I thought I had broken it.

"Goddamnit" I shout, shoving my finger in my mouth to numb the pain. I clench my other fist and get close to punching the wall in front of me but decide against it and I shove everything off my desk. I hear glass hit the floor and I look down. The picture of Christian and I had broken and I felt tears brim my eyes for the millionth time today. The picture of us smiling stared back at me and I gently pick it up, tracing my other finger over it. I smile a little and put it down. My door opens and I look over to see Clinton standing in the doorway.

"Hey. What's up?" I ask.

"Let's go somewhere" he says. I could tell he was ignoring the mess all over my room and and I did too. I step around the glass and slide my feet into my shoes. I grab my phone and walk out my room.

"Where are we going?" I sigh.

"Trust me?" I shrug and squint my eyes at the brightness of the sun as we step outside. I sit in the car and watch the trees, cars and buildings pass as we make our way to wherever we were going.

"If you're planning my death then I'll thank you" Clinton glances at me but doesn't say anything.

"If I wanted to kill you I would've done so 22 years ago." He huffs. A small laugh escapes and he smiles. We pull up to the vacant beach I had taken him to which felt like years ago now.

"Why are we here?" I look out and see another car not far from Clinton's. I thought it looked familiar but I shrug it off.

"Just follow me" we both get out and head to the small private location. I cross my arms, feeling a bit cold from the wind. The ocean looked beautiful and the sounds of it calmed me down a bit.

"I'll see you later." he says. I frown and look where we sat last time. I see Christian and my heart drops.

"Um" I remain where I'm standing and Christian makes his way over to me.

"How do you know about this place?" I ask awkwardly.

"Clinton told me. We were texting the whole time you were going back home."  I wanted to punch Clinton right in the face but I refrain from running back to his car and doing so.

"What do you want?" I look away and he brings his hand up to my face. I pull away and back up. He sighs and pulls out something from his pocket. I look down and see it was his necklace he gave me.

"Here" I raise my eyebrow and take it from him.

"Going through my room now, huh?" I hold it in my hand and he steps closer.

"I'm sorry." he says softly.

"Sorry doesn't do anything" I reply bitterly. He nods his head and grabs my hand. I don't pull away this time and he walks me to where he was sitting before. We both sit and I bring my knees up to my chest.

"I shouldn't have gotten back together with Alexa. I don't know why I did. I know that doesn't help or change the way you feel. She showed up and told me she missed me, I was nervous and confused and then I made the mistake of getting back together."

"Wow. Great love story." I throw a little sand and ignore the thought of Alexa and Christian together.

"Hear me out." he entwines our fingers and I grimace at the pain that my finger gave me.

"I broke up with her about fifteen minutes ago." I snap my head up and look at him in the eyes. He sighs and grabs my other hand.

"I want to be with you. I want to try. Even if it hurts at times. I know your feelings are stronger and you don't want to get hurt more than you already have been but I promise I will treat you better than I have been." I felt my face heat up and I see him smile a little.

"Cheesy but cute." I reply. He takes the necklace from my hand and I adjust myself so he can put it on me. His fingers graze the back of my neck and I shiver from his touch.

"What happened to your finger?" he lifts my hand up and looks at it.

"Shoved it in the fucking drawer." I mumble. He hums in response and plants a small kiss on my finger. I felt my face heat up again and he smirks at me.

"What does this mean?" I ask confused.

"I guess you're my boyfriend now." He shrugs looking away. My eyes widen and I look down at my lap.

"I guess?" My voice coming out softer than I would have liked.

"Do I have to be cheesy and ask you?" I cross my arms and turn so I'm facing him.

"Yes. I would like that" I smile and he rolls his eyes, turning so we are face to face. He takes my hands into his and I relax a little to his touch.

"Mitchel Cave" I smile again and he lets out a laugh. I bite the inside of my cheek and look at his beautiful eyes.

"Would you do me the honor of being my boyfriend?" He asks cheekily. I cringe and look away from him. I shake my head and he removes his hands from mine, wrapping his arms around my body, making me fall back.

"No?" He asks.

"I didn't say anything." I say defensively.

"You shook your head." he frowns a little and I bring my hand up to his face. I smile and he leans down to give me a kiss.

"I missed that." he mumbles against my lips.

"That makes two of us." I reply. He adjusts himself so he's holding himself up with both hands. I look up at him and another smile forms it's way on my face. I wanted to say I love you but I knew he didn't feel that way yet even if I did. A hand slides it's way under me and he pulls me back up. He adjusts me so I'm sitting on his lap. I felt a little awkward since I was always the dominant one in a relationship but I didn't hate feeling this way.

"Is that a yes?" I nod my head and he presses his lips against mine again.

"I'm sorry."

"It's in the past." he hugs me and I get off of him.

"Come on" I hold my hands out and he grabs them. The sun was setting and it looked even more beautiful. I grab his hand and hold on tightly. As we walk I lean my head on his shoulder and enjoy the breeze.

——————
I wish this was actually a real thing.