•Chapter 8•

Christian's POV

"I'm sorry." I mumble before I pull away. I knew how wrong the whole the situation was, but I didn't stop when I was aware of it. I didn't want to hurt anyone anymore but it seemed that was the only path I was going down. I hurt Mitchel. I just cheated on my girlfriend. I knew I couldn't keep it to myself but at the same time if I told her I had no idea how she would react. For right now, I had to keep it to myself which meant lying to her but I wasn't going to make things worse for Mitchel.

"T-that was a mistake. I'm sorry. I-I was worried you'd never talk to me again if I didn't do something." I stutter. Saying those words hurt which only meant they hurt him even more. I remove his hands and finally work the nerve to look my best friend in the eyes.

"Get out." his voice was shaky but this time I nodded my head and did as told. I wanted to find another way to fix what I had just done but I managed to make it worse.

"Wow." I hear. "You kissed him." Clinton says in disbelief as Jesse and him move away from the wall they were hiding behind. I roll my eyes and head towards my room. The last thing I wanted was a lecture from Clinton about how I needed to fix this before it got worse.

"It was a mistake." I shrug and continue walking towards my room, ignoring whatever Clinton had to say.

"You can't lead him on like this. It'll only hurt him more." He was right and the last thing I wanted to do was be the reason our band fell apart. Or worse, the reason my friendship fell apart.

"Do you not understand that I just cheated on Alexa for him?! What am I supposed to do? I got myself tied in a complete knot over him. How did I go from having nothing wrong in my life to have cheated on my girlfriend, hurt my best friend, created drama between all of us, and on top of that I'm trying to figure out who this Matthew guy is and why Mitchel is being so damn secretive about him."

My frustration was getting worse, and as much as I wanted to talk about it, I always felt like I was in the wrong. And everyone was going to be on Mitchel's side and not hear me out.

"Matthew?" Jesse questions as he comes up behind us. I give him a "duh" look and he puts his hands up in surrender.

"Sorry man. I was just making sure I heard you correctly." He was avoiding eye contact with me. I raise my eyebrow but decide to keep my thoughts to myself. Whoever this guy was, everyone seemed to know who he was expect me. It made me feel even angrier and more frustrated.

"Forget about Matthew, Christian. He isn't worth your time or even Mitchel's. He's an...old friend of Mitchel's."

He looked like he was making all of it up.

"They haven't talked in months. They're being friendly."

I nod my head, but I still had a feeling that something was off and I knew me, and I knew I wasn't going to let go of it thateasily.

"I've been friends with this idiot for seven years, you think I wouldn't know about some Matthew guy?"

I wanted to get as much information about him as possible without being too noticeable. I wasn't sure why I was so intrigued by him, but everyone acting so weird about him it only made me more curious.

"They were friends. Friends come and go. You know how it is." He shrugs and I let the conversation drop, focusing my attention back on Alexa.

"What should I do about Alexa?" I look over at Jesse. He was busy staring off into space. I knew they were mad at me for ruining our first rehearsal but on the bright side we had another one next Tuesday. It was longer than the first one, so hopefully we'll have enough time to get things in order. Even if things with Mitchel weren't the best. At the end of the day we still cared about our fans and the music.