•Chapter 7•

Christian's POV

"Mike's been calling non stop and I'm terrified." Pat states as he sits down at the counter. After Mitchel ran off, Mike wouldn't stop calling any one of us. I couldn't blame him. I'm sure our actions could get our performance canceled immediately. A part of me wanted to blame Mitchel, but it wasn't just him who had messed up. I sigh and pour myself a cup of coffee.

"He hasn't stopped calling me either." I reply as I carefully set my coffee in the microwave. It only took a minute and a half to heat up. It was entertaining to watch the medium sized mug go around and around in circles.

"So...Mitchel?" I stare at myself through the reflection of the door of the microwave.

"What about him?" I turn around and Pat shrugs. I was about to answer, but Jesse interrupts by stumbling into the kitchen. He walks over to the microwave and grabs my coffee.

"Thanks bro." I thought about arguing with him, but there would be no point. He'd already taken a sip and sat down next to Pat. I roll my eyes and grab another cup.

"I haven't talked to him." I finally breathe out in response to Pat's question. The more Mitchel ignored me, the more upset I became. I had no idea how to process what Clinton had told me. I wanted to believe it wasn't true, but it was clear it was nothing but the truth. Alexa wasn't leaving me alone about it either.

I knew the way I had rejected him was hurtful. But I was so angry that he had told everyone but me. All the anger bubbled up exploded in the worst way possible.

"You said his feelings were stupid." I narrow my eyes and cross my arms.

"Thanks for the reminder." Annoyance thick in my voice. "Dude. What are you gonna do?" I shrug and put my other cup of coffee in the microwave.

"Has he talked to you guys?" Pat glances at Jesse and they both nod their head. I sigh and put my head in my hands.

"It wasn't about you though." Pat adds. He could tell I was beating myself up for Mitchel's actions. I look up, but couldn't find any words to say.

The microwave beeps. Knocking me out of my pity party. But I had lost my interest in it all together. I hear the lock to our front door click. The door opens. It revealed my evidently tired best friend. I couldn't help but smile at his presence. He looks up, awkwardly looking at the three of us gawking at him.

"Hi?" He questions. Jesse waves in response. He sets his keys down, and shoves his shoes off of his feet. He was wearing his regular black jeans he patched himself a few months ago. His hair was down from his usual braids. It made him look slightly younger. A little more vulnerable and sad around the edges.

Instead of his glasses, he wore a pair of sunglasses I had never seen before. They didn't look cheap, but I could tell they were out of our price range.

They weren't his.

"How are you?" I ask nervously. He shrugs and grabs a water from the fridge.

"Has Mike called you guys too?" He leans against the wall for support. In unison we nod our heads. He sighs, taking his phone out of his pocket. He smelled differently. He didn't smell of his cologne. It was someone else's. I wouldn't have cared if it weren't for the fact that it was cologne and not perfume. I raise my eyebrow and look at Jesse and Pat.

"What?" Jesse mouths confused. I shrug and glance at Mitchel. They furrow their brows together but quickly look down when Mitchel catches us looking.

"Yes?" I shake my head and move so I could grab my coffee.

"Who's sunglasses are those?" I was hoping I didn't sound suspicious. He takes them off and examines them like he had no idea they were even there.