31. Heavy Hearts!

Hello!

"Wifey. " I sat properly as Randhir entered the room, calling me by the new endearment.

"Here, have something." He kept a plate filled with my favourite aloo ke parathe along with pickles in front of me and I looked down.

"Have it. " He forwarded it but before I could deny, he took the plate in his hand.

"Let me feed you today. " He said with so much love and fondness that I couldn't get myself to deny him.

He brought a morsel near my mouth and I ate in silence.

"I'm sorry Angel for earlier. I shouldn't have used that tone on you, I was pretty harsh, I'm really sorry Love. " He apologized causing me to sigh.

"You look scary that way. " I told him and he chuckled.

"I'm sorry, I promise this won't happen again. " He promised making me eat the last morsel.

"It better not. " I warned and he smiled before nodding.

"And just so you know, there are cameras all over in the house. " He said and my eyes widened.

"Everywhere? " I asked and he nodded before bringing the tumbler filled with water near my mouth.

"Yes, except washrooms and our room of course. " He explained and I gave him a nod after I finished drinking the water.

"Why? " I asked as I wiped the water droplets from my mouth through the handkerchief he gave me.

" For safety purposes. I've assigned a whole team that keeps an eye on the camera clips 24×7. Nobody can enter or leave this place without my permission. " He told me and I gave him a nod.

" But doesn't it seems weird, I mean, someone is watching you all the time? " I asked and he chuckled.

"This is important Angel, security comes before anything and why do you think I brought you here so urgently? It's the safest place for you. " He explained cupping my left cheek.

"Okay, I understood. " I told him and he pecked my forehead before making me rest my head on his chest.

I heard his soothing heart beat and felt something undefinable. The feeling was weird, peaceful and satisfactory. Different.

I was feeling this after, like, ten years now, so it felt strange but nevertheless I was loving it all. Earlier I was completely used to his pampering, so it was really hard for me to move on and learn to live without all of that, without him, and now when I'm getting all of this back, it's kinda strange and unbelievable.

"What are you thinking Angel?" I heard him asking as he caressed my hair.

"I'm loving it here. " I told him, keeping my hand on the cloth above his left chest.

"I'm loving it too. " He said winding me up in his arms.

"But they must be in pain." I referred to my family in Nainital and he understood.

"Don't worry about them Angel, I've taken their responsibility on myself. Justice will be served and I promise you that. " He promised expecting me to trust his words.

Trust, something he broke ten years back. Can I really get myself to trust him and his words again? May be he had some big reasons but this is undeniable that he has broken my trust.

"I just hope you fulfill your promise." I told him and he nodded.

"Trust me Angel." He urged and I gave him a nod.