W

Hyerin had kept her promise and came to visit you the next day. What you didn't expect, however, was to see her every day for a week straight. Not that you were complaining, her company was much appreciated. It just took you by surprise when she showed up again and again.

Her visits weren't the same every day, though. The first day you two played twenty questions to get to know each other better. The second day she came by to tell a short story about her running from the nurses before leaving. The next day she came by to play a card game with you, and the day following she simply dropped by to say 'hello' before vanishing. Two days ago she brought a cake she received to eat with you, which really ended up being her eating most of it as you weren't feeling hungry. And yesterday she dropped by to read with you.

You could feel yourself opening up to Hyerin bit by bit, whereas the younger girl had no problem expressing her true self in front of you. Sometimes you even felt like she was a little too comfortable, especially since you two had only met recently.

"Do you think guys would find me more attractive if my butt was bigger?" she had asked you once.

"W-What?" you sputtered, gawking at the brunette.

"It's kinda flat, and nowadays a lot of guys tend to like girls that are a little thicker in that area. But it's not like I can help it. How is it supposed to stay cushiony when all I do is sit in a hospital bed? It's constantly being squished so it won't stay inflated."

"Hyerin, I don't think that's how your butt works."

Despite her getting a bit too personal, you still enjoyed having Hyerin around. You never used to have someone to talk to for such a long time, so it was nice to get in that social contact. It was certainly keeping you from losing your mind at least.

"Guess what?" Hyerin had just burst into your room, smiles and all, practically lighting up your room.

"Please don't try to give me a heart attack," you said with a smile. "What's up?"

"My mom came to visit me," Hyerin announced with a grin.

You waited for her to continue, but it seemed that she was finished talking.

"Um, okay...?"

"It probably doesn't seem like something worth mentioning, but it made me happy. I love when my family comes to visit. And because of her, I think today is going to be a good day." Hyerin walked over to the edge of your bed and sat down. She reached under her hospital gown and pulled out a flower.

"Well that was random," you commented, nodding towards the plant.

"She gave me a bunch of orchids as a gift to put in my room. You want this one?" she asked.

"I don't have a vase," you said sadly, looking at the empty bedside table.

"Well, you probably don't need something as extravagant as that," Hyerin said, getting up from the bed. "Hold on, I'll be right back."

So you waited for the brunette to return, wondering what she was planning on doing. When she came back into your room, she had the orchid in one hand and a small pot in the other.

"See? This will do," she said, putting the flower in the pot and placing it on the bedside table.

"Thank you, and I guess tell your mother thanks too," you said, admiring the pretty flower.

"No problem, anything for a friend," Hyerin smiled. "Whenever you miss me, just look to this flower. You may not believe it, but I'll know when you need me if you tell it."

You resisted the urge to roll your eyes playfully at the girl's antics and instead nodded your head. "Sounds like a plan."

"It's nice to finally have something colourful in here. With all this white surrounding me, it feels like the life is being sucked right out of me," Hyerin joked.

You wanted to tell Hyerin that the room was always colourful when she was around, but you didn't want to say something so cliché. Saying something like that would be a big step in the relationship on your part, too. Maybe when you two got closer you could tell her.

"It feels boring in here too, doesn't it?" you replied.

"No!" Hyerin exclaimed, waving her hands wildly. You could only blink stupidly at her, voice box unable to function due to the unexpected outburst. "That makes it sound like it's always boring, but that's not true. Because you're here!"

You couldn't help but chuckle, causing the brunette to give you a look of puzzlement. "What's wrong?"

Apparently you shouldn't worry about being cliché around Hyerin.