Y

"I already told you, my stomach hurts so I don't want to eat anything," you sighed.

"But these cookies are so good," Hyerin frowned, looking at the treat in her hand sadly. "You're missing out on Jimin's mad baking skills."

"She's told you she doesn't want them, like, fifty times already. Quit pestering her before she decides to kick us out," Taehyung mumbled around a mouthful of cookie.

"I know, I just feel bad eating all this in front of her when she can't. It's like we're teasing her, y'know?" Hyerin said before shoving another one of the baked goods into her mouth.

"I'm not even hungry anyway, so don't worry about feeling bad," you said.

A soft 'ping' went off that had Taehyung digging his hand into his pocket, fishing out his phone.

"If it's Jimin, thank him for the food. If it's another one of your friends, tell them I say 'hi'. If it's someone I don't know, don't say anything. If it's mom or dad, tell them I'm fine," Hyerin listed off. You looked at Hyerin with a cocked brow and she shrugged. "They're all used to it by now."

"I'm gonna have to go now, mom is telling me to go help her," Taehyung sighed, standing up from your bed and pouting.

"Help her with what?" Hyerin inquired.

Taehyung shrugged and put his hands out in an unenthusiastic motion. "Shopping?"

"Yikes, sounds rough," Hyerin said with a shake of her head. Then her expression took a complete 180, cheeks bunched up from smiling and eyes practically disappearing. "Have fun!"

Taehyung wrinkled his nose and stuck out his tongue as he made his way over to the door. "Don't eat too many cookies. (Y/n) shouldn't have to deal with you on a sugar high."

Hyerin opened her mouth to retort but Taehyung was already out the door. She remained staring at the space where he had just been for a moment longer before whipping her head around to look at you, an excited gleam in her eyes.

"You wanna know something?" she asked. Knowing she wanted you to say 'yes', you nodded your head. "My brother seems to really like you."

Heat rushed to your cheeks and you cleared your throat, eyes blinking rapidly. "W-What?"

"Yeah. Whenever he comes to visit me in my room he's happy, sure, but once I tell him we're going to your room? My God, his eyes light up like city lights. Sometimes I think he prefers spending time with you over his friends."

"A-Ah, I see," you said, not knowing how to react to this information.

"Do you like my brother?" Hyerin asked.

"Of course, he's a very nice person and I could totally see myself staying friends with him for a long time," you replied. With how Hyerin described Taehyung's feelings, you still weren't sure if she meant the way you originally thought, so you decided to play it safe.

Hyerin hummed while nodding her head. "Well, I hope you know I support it. As long as you're happy that's what matters, right? And my brother too, of course."

"What made you decide to ask me all this?" you questioned.

"I've noticed my brother enjoying your presence for awhile now, so I wanted to make sure you knew. I also wanted to confirm your feelings too, otherwise I would've just told him to stop coming if he bothered you," Hyerin answered. The brunette gave a sly look and smirked. "You still want him to come, right?"

You gulped and turned away to look out the window. "As long as Taehyung's okay with it, I don't mind."

"Yes, I understand you want to give my brother's feelings first priority, but do you want him to keep coming?"

You looked at the girl through the corner of your eye. She was looking at you expectantly, but you could tell from her eyes she saw right through you.

"Yes, I'd like that."

A/N: Thank you so much for 1k reads ♥︎