N

You were sitting in your bed deep in thought when a knock at your door brought you back to reality. You weren't at all surprised when Taehyung came skipping into the room afterwards. He sat on the bed next to you, a blinding smile on his face, and stuck his hand out. There was a cookie in it.

"For you," he simply said.

"Where'd you get it?" you asked, eyeing the food.

"I made it," Taehyung declared proudly.

You glanced at the brunette skeptically before taking the cookie from his hand, turning it over to see if there was anything suspicious in or on it. After deciding it looked to be pretty normal, you took a bite out of it. It was unexpectedly delicious and you couldn't stop yourself from stuffing the whole thing in your mouth.

"Good, huh?"

"You're not lying when you say you made it, right?" you questioned.

"What? Of cour-"

"Hey (Y/n)." Jimin entered the room with a container in hand, full of cookies. "If Tae-Tae tells you he made the cookies, don't listen to those lies."

"Jimin," Taehyung whined. "You ruined it."

"I only told her because I knew you wouldn't tell the truth," Jimin said, rolling his eyes.

"Where's Hyerin? Is she not coming today?" you asked.

"Ah, she's got some check-up thing right now. She'll come by once it's over," Jimin answered, sitting at the end of your bed.

"I told her I was gonna head to your room and she seemed fine with it. But you should've seen her face when I said Jimin would be there too," Taehyung laughed. "You'd think I just punched a puppy in front of her or something. She looked absolutely heartbroken."

"Such an evil brother," you tutted with a shake of your head.

"I'm tellin' you, one day she's gonna confess her feelings," Taehyung said, glancing at Jimin. "She likes you, I know it."

"Nah," Jimin said with a dismissive wave. "Not anymore at least."

You inhaled too quickly and ended up choking on air, coughing violently for a few seconds before catching your breath. "Not anymore?"

"Yeah, back when Hyerin was younger she had this massive crush on Jimin. She did a terrible job at hiding it so we both knew about it," Taehyung chuckled.

"You knew about it?" you asked, looking at Jimin.

Jimin smiled, but you could tell from his eyes he was feeling guilty. "Yes, but she couldn't be with me."

"Why's that?"

"Because she deserves better." You were about to open your mouth and argue but Jimin held up his hand, silencing you. "I know you're going to call me stupid or something, but I honestly felt that I wasn't good enough for her."

"You might want to get comfy, this could take awhile," Taehyung whispered.

"I've know Hyerin for such a long time and I absolutely adore her. She means so much to me and all I want to do is protect her from all the bad things in this world. But unfortunately my love can only go so far. This is going to sound terrible, but I never loved her the same way she loved me. This isn't me trying to say "I only see her as a sister" or "she's only my friend"-I just can't picture her and me together romantically.

"I know I may sound like an asshole by saying this, but she doesn't fit my ideal type. And I think I should be able to say this without people jumping on my ass for it. We all have a type of person we'd like to be with, and Hyerin doesn't fit mine. I can't force myself to be with her so that she's happy because then I won't be, and you can't have a happy relationship until both partners are satisfied. I love Hyerin to death but there's a limit to how far it stretches. So I can't be with her."

Jimin was looking at you worriedly, as if he feared you might be mad at him for saying all of that.

"I understand what you're saying and that's totally okay. It wouldn't be fair to force you into a relationship with her just because she likes you when you don't feel the same," you said.

"Yeah, if you don't like her then you don't like her. Nothing you can do about it, so don't feel ashamed," Taehyung shrugged.

"If anything I would've expected you to be the most upset," you said, nudging Taehyung.

"Hyerin is my sister but Jimin is like my brother-can't have one happy and not the other," Taehyung replied.

"You won't tell her about this, right?" Jimin asked. You shook your head and Jimin sighed out in relief. "Good. I'll tell her one day when she's got someone else to love. We can laugh about it together or something."

Hopefully that someone would be her current crush.

"We can all laugh about it together," Taehyung said, slinging an arm around your shoulder. "I want to be there when you tell her and I'm sure (Y/n) wouldn't mind seeing it either."

"Sounds like a plan to me," you said.

As long as you last until then.