Y

You woke up in the middle of the night with everything in your body aching painfully. You tried to turn over onto your side and suddenly broke out into a coughing fit. Your hand shot up to your mouth, trying to muffle the sounds, and it took a bit longer than usual for you to settle down. When you pulled your hand away all you could see was a coat of blood on it. You also noticed that it was shaking uncontrollably and that's when you came to the conclusion that something was definitely wrong with you.

You rolled onto your back and raised a heavy arm, bloody finger pushing the button that would alert the nurses and bring them to your room. Reality hit you hard and you felt tears welling up in your eyes when imagining Taehyung's grief-stricken face, tears running down his cheeks as heartbroken sobs escaped him. Taehyung!

You rolled over onto your side again and reached out for your bedside table. However, your body felt like lead and your arm was too short to reach the drawer. Unable to keep your arm up, you let it flop to the bed uselessly, half of it on the mattress and half of it hanging off the side of the bed.

You heard a stampede of footsteps approaching your room before entering your room. "(Y/n)? (Y/n)! Talk to me, are you okay?"

You felt hands grab your face and turn it so whoever it was that was holding you could look into your eyes. An unrecognizable person was staring at you, brain not functioning properly and preventing you from making out the face of the person. The voice sounded somewhat familiar, but you couldn't be sure. She called you by your name though, so it must've been one of the nurses who frequently brought you food or something.

"Who's got the stretcher? Are they here yet? She needs medical attention now and we don't have any time to waste," the nurse snapped.

"It should be on its way. Janghoon left to grab it," a voice replied.

"Speak of the devil," another voice said.

"Alright, help me move her onto it," the nurse ordered.

"The..." Your voice came out weak and scratchy so you tried swallowing and clearing your throat to give it a nicer sound. "The...letter...give it to him..."

"What was that?" the nurse asked gently.

You simply reached your hand out towards the bedside table drawer, hoping she would get the message. However, you would never know because in the next second your whole world went black.

~~~

Dear Taehyung,

If you're reading this letter it means that I'm dead and I am so, so sorry. Losing Hyerin was hard enough and now I have to leave you too. I hope you know if I had the choice I would never leave you. Before I met you I didn't really care about dying, but my whole perspective has changed. I don't want you to be alone. I want to be with you forever. Unfortunately we don't always get what we want in life.

But...just because I'm gone doesn't mean you can give up on life. I want you to live for the both of us. This may sound harsh, but I don't want to see you anytime soon. In sixty years? Sure. But not in a year or five. Live a long, happy and healthy life. Get yourself a job that you enjoy and I pray that you make the right choice. Maybe even get yourself a wife who will treat you the way you deserve, someone you can love forever. Have kids or whatever.

I just don't want you to give this all away just because your sister and I are gone. You aren't alone. You have Jimin, so don't leave him. And Hyerin and I are always with you anyways.

And now to get a little more serious.

Tae, you were the light of my life. I had been living in a world where everything was dull and without colour before you came along. I know it's cheesy, but it's true. Life was worth living after meeting you. And I'm so sorry I don't get to tell you this in person so that it sounds genuine. Reading it on paper isn't enough to convey the emotions I feel. I guess the reason I never told you was because I didn't want my death to be that much more heartbreaking for you. I'm just hoping that reading it will lessen the pain compared to me telling you myself.

Tae, I love you. Not as a friend or a brother, but actually love you. Forever. Maybe you feel the same way, maybe you don't. Either way, I just wanted you to know that. Don't ever stop being the you I fell in love with.

Love, (Y/n)