F

As far as you knew, Hyerin's school had ended about an hour ago. You had decided to give her time to get to the hospital and now you decided you could finally go over to her room. You were walking down the hallway approaching Hyerin's room. It was when you were right in front of the door did you hear sniffling coming from the room. You knocked on the door a couple of times before poking your head in.

"Hello?" you whispered. Hyerin had her back to you and was standing in front of her bed. "Can I come in?"

Hyerin nodded her head so you entered the room, taking cautious steps over to her. Once you were behind her, you touched her arm gently, trying to get her to turn around. The moment you saw her face you knew she had been crying, her red and watery eyes made that obvious.

"Are you okay?" you asked softly.

"I'm fine." The moment those words left Hyerin's lips she started tearing up again, gaze instantly shifting to the window and away from your sympathetic one.

"Take a seat and talk to me," you said, tugging the brunette down to sit on her bed.

Hyerin began sobbing once you got her seated, head falling to your shoulder as you wrapped your arms around her shaking body. The younger girl cried into your shoulder for a few minutes as you rubbed her back to calm her down. When her sobbing lessened and became mere sniffing she finally pulled away from you, hands instantly going to her cheeks to wipe away her tears.

"You okay?" you asked.

"I told him I loved him," Hyerin began in a nasal voice. "A-And he laughed. He asked me who I even was."

"What?"

"And I d-don't know if he was just mocking me because I'm never at school o-or if he's so oblivious he's never noticed me in his classes."

Hyerin started bawling again so you brought her into another hug. This time she shoved her face into your neck and looped her arms around you.

"Hyerin, I'm so so sorry this happened to you. I wish there was something I could do to help," you told the brunette.

"Honestly, if he had just fl-flat out rejected me I think I would've been a-able to handle it. But the fact that h-he laughed is what hurt the most," Hyerin whimpered.

"I know, no one deserves that-certainly not you. I can't believe he did that. How heartless could he be?"

Hyerin pulled back to look into your eyes. "I just ran after that and ca-came here. I don't even know if I could go t-to school again after this. W-What'll I do when I see him?"

"I...I don't know," you replied truthfully. Hyerin stood up from the bed suddenly and staggered over to the window.

"It hurts so much, I feel like I might die," she whispered.

"Hyerin, you can get through-"

"No I can't!" she screamed. "I love him! For some reason my fucked up heart still does! I don't understand why I can't just forget about him, why does he still matter!?"

"Hyerin..." you began cautiously. "Don't get mad at yourself."

"Why not!?" Suddenly you heard glass shattering against the floor and you could see broken cup pieces everywhere. "It's my fault this happened! Maybe if I was normal and didn't have this stupid heart problem I would've had a chance!"

Before you could say something else to comfort her, you heard a gasp from behind you before a hard thump. Looking over your shoulder, you noticed Hyerin down on her knees while clutching her chest, eyes screwed shut and face scrunched up in pain.

"Hyerin?" You lept up from the bed and rushed to her side, careful to avoid the glass pieces. "Hyerin? What's wrong?"

"What's going on in there? I heard glass breaking?" a voice asked from down the hall. Seconds later a nurse was entering the room and the moment she saw you and Hyerin she ran over. "Hyerin, stay with me. You're gonna be okay."

"What's happening to her?" you asked, frightened for the younger girl's safety.

"I'm sorry Miss (L/n) but you're going to need to leave now. I can't have you around Miss Kim when she's in this state," the nurse replied firmly.

"She's gonna be okay though, right?" you asked as you were getting up.

"It's her angina, she should be okay for visits tomorrow. Please return to your room now."

Not wanting to prevent the nurse from doing her duties, you left the room reluctantly, glancing at Hyerin one last time.

"I'll come back tomorrow, Hyerin," you promised before walking down the hall.

As you were making your way back to your room, two more nurses came rushing down the hall and you could only assume they were going to assist with Hyerin. You sighed the moment you entered your room, eyes finding the flowers the brunette had gifted you with.

The orchid was wilting.