T

When Taehyung kept returning each day you couldn't help but wonder why he was doing this. He was only hurting himself by coming here just to see you slowly dying in front of his eyes. You weren't sure how long you had left to live and you feared for the day Taehyung would come to find no one in this room.

"Don't you know what's wrong with me?" you asked suddenly.

Taehyung cocked his head to the side, a puzzled expression on his face. "I'm sorry?"

"I'm infected with this disgusting disease, plaguing my existence. You keep coming here every day though. Why?" you inquired.

Taehyung smiled and walked over to your bed, patting your head gently. "Nothing can mask the beauty I see inside of you. You may think all I see is leukemia but there's a lot more to you than that. I still see the old you behind it all."

You were heart warmed by his response. Taking the hand on your head into your own two hands, you squeezed it before making a move to sit up, wanting to be at eye level with the brunette, but he quickly leaned forward to push you back down.

"Tae-"

"(Y/n), if we were in any other situation I would let you. But the nurse specifically asked for you to lie down today," Taehyung cut in. "And I would rather be on her good side so that I don't get kicked out of the hospital or something."

You opened your mouth to argue but one warning look from Taehyung had you rolling your eyes and sighing instead. "Fine. But only to make you feel better."

"(Y/n), we both know that you're feeling way too tired today to even sit up for five minutes. No need to act like you could handle staying up long enough to hold a conversation," Taehyung chuckled.

"Why are you attacking me? Don't you have a little faith?" you grumbled.

"Not today. Maybe tomorrow," Taehyung replied. "Depends on your condition I guess."

"Wait, where are you going?" you asked, eyes locked on Taehyung's form that stood up and stepped away from your bed.

"I've gotta go early today. Assignments can't finish themselves unfortunately," Taehyung grinned with a wink. Then his face became a little more serious. "Don't do anything stupid. I'll be back tomorrow, alright?"

"Define stupid."

"(Y/n)," Taehyung began warningly.

"Yeah, yeah. I won't do anything the nurses don't want me to do. I promise," you said, rolling your eyes dramatically before smiling at Taehyung. "Go do your homework. Can't have you failing now, can we?"

Taehyung was looking at you with an unreadable expression. It almost seemed like he wanted to say or do something but was internally fighting against it. He only took a step closer before suddenly shaking his head, a somewhat sad smile on his face.

"See you later," he said quietly before making his out of your room.

What on earth was that all about? Well, it's not like he would tell you. He'd probably brush it off as something unimportant or maybe avoid the topic altogether.

You leaned over to grab a piece of paper and pencil from inside your bedside table, ignoring the way your body was aching. You also grabbed a book to put the paper on for a hard surface, making writing a much easier task. The paper was already half-full with words so you only needed to end it off and it would be ready for delivering. You just needed to keep it out of sight for the meantime.

When you had finished, you folded up the paper and placed it in an envelope. Then you wrote his name on the front as neatly as you could in cursive writing. After admiring your work for a few seconds you reached over to the bedside table and put the letter in the drawer. You were sure he wouldn't find it in there.

A wave of exhaustion washed over you suddenly and the moment you let your head touch your pillow you were out like a light.