O

Your day started with Hyerin bursting into your room, just like every other day. Sometimes you swore she was trying to give you a heart attack. It's not like she ever actually scared you, with her thumping down the hall like an elephant, but one day maybe she'd eventually catch you when you were least expecting it.

"What's wrong? Are you dying? Why did the nurse say I should calm myself around you?" The brunette bombarded you with questions the moment she entered your room.

"What are you talking about? Of course I'm not dying," you chuckled as the younger girl made her way to your bed.

"She said you aren't feeling your best, that your joints are achy today," Hyerin said with knitted brows, sitting down on the mattress.

Ah, that's right. You had told the nurse this morning your joints were feeling bad again, so she must've worried that Hyerin would cause some problems with her hyperactive self. It's not like she forced you to walk around though, so you weren't really sure why the nurse mentioned it.

"Yeah, sometimes they feel crappy so I prefer to just stay in bed the whole day. It really isn't different than when you're here, though, so don't let it bother you," you explained.

Hyerin let out a sigh of relief. "I thought it was something really bad." She frowned and looked up the ceiling with an annoyed expression. "The nurse made it seem like I was gonna make you combust if I came over here. I get that I'm a little energetic, but I'm not that bad, am I?"

"I don't mind it, but I guess for some people it's too much," you replied with a shrug.

"Tae-Tae says the same thing. I guess I can only be with people around your guys' ages."

"What about people in your grade? I'm sure they're okay with it, right?" you asked.

"Hmm, I don't know. As I've said before, I don't have friends so I don't really have the chance to show my true personality. When I'm at school I tend to sit in the corner of the room and be quiet. They probably don't know I'm this crazy," Hyerin answered.

You couldn't help but let a frown cross your features. When Hyerin had first mentioned it, you hadn't really thought much of it. But hearing this made you realize how lonely she must be. For such a wonderful and lovable person to not have a single person to talk to at school, it breaks your heart.

"Don't make such a face, I'm used to it by now. Doesn't even bug me anymore," Hyerin said with a laugh.

"Hyerin...," you begged. "Please don't lie."

"I'm fine," she replied, smiling.

No I'm not.

The words were clear in her eyes. But you knew she would never admit to them, so you wouldn't waste time on it.

"I'm here for you," you told her, reaching out to place a hand over hers.

"I know, and that's all I'll ever need," she said. And that, you could tell, was true.

"Then please don't try to hide anything from me. I want to help you with whatever bothers you, okay?"

Hyerin nodded and drew a cross over her heart. "I promise."