E

"Where did you get these from?" Taehyung asked, poking at the orchids on your bedside table.

"Actually they're from your sister. Your mom brought her some and she gave these to me just after we first met," you replied. "Did you only just notice them now?"

"Nah, I knew they were here. It's seems like quite a few petals fell off either yesterday or this morning," Taehyung said.

"Yeah, they're kinda weird like that. They lose petals at the most random times," you said with a shake of your head. "I always just stuff them back in the pot."

Taehyung chuckled while picking up the petals that had fallen, stuffing them in the pot just as you do.

"So where's your sister anyway? I haven't seen her at all this past week," you questioned.

"What, you don't want to hang out with me when she's not around?" Taehyung asked with an exaggerated pout.

"That's not what I said but okay," you deadpanned. "I was just making sure she was actually alive."

"Yeah, she's good," Taehyung said, flopping down on your bed and, in the process, on your legs. "She went to school again. Once she gets home she goes straight to her room, probably to do homework or something." Taehyung frowned and turned his head to look at you. "She came home yesterday with puffy eyes. I'm starting to get worried because she didn't say anything, she didn't even come down for dinner."

"Puffy as in she was crying?" you asked, reaching a hand down to thread your fingers through the brunette's hair.

Taehyung nodded. "She went to school today even though my mom said she could stay home. Hyerin was acting normal and said she was fine, but there's no way that's true. Not when she came home after crying."

"When I see her again I can try to talk to her," you offered softly.

"Yes, please do." Taehyung turned so he was on his side, facing you. "I'm glad she trusts you enough to talk about this stuff because she clearly doesn't feel comfortable coming to me about it."

"It's just girl stuff," you reassured.

"Yeah, but she's never had trouble telling me about other stuff before. We've always been close, so I guess it just makes me sad that she stopped coming to me with her problems," Taehyung replied.

"Well, when it comes to certain topics guys and girls can have different views or opinions, I guess. She may think one thing, but you may think another. So she probably wants help from another girl," you reasoned.

Taehyung groaned before shoving his face into the bed covers, which also just so happened to be where your thighs were. In any other situation you probably would've freaked out, but the poor boy was clearly distressed and shoving him away certainly wouldn't help him. So instead you simply continued to run a hand through his hair, doing whatever you could to allay the brunette's worries.

"You know what's weird though, she won't even talk to our mom about anything-you're the only one she trusts," Taehyung uttered.

"Some girls prefer being with someone around their age," you said.

"Fuck, girls can be so complicated," Taehyung groaned.

"So much so that you need to drop the f-bomb?" you joked with a quirked brow.

"Sorry, it kinda slipped out."

"You're right though; girls are quite complex creatures," you said while smiling.

"I can't even imagine what it's like in there," Taehyung said, bringing a finger up to tap at your temple.

"Well, not all girls are bad," you mentioned.

Taehyung sat up suddenly. "Yeah, you're easy to understand. Thank God for that."

"I think Hyerin's age could also affect her decisions and who she feels most comfortable with. Right now is probably when she's starting to want to become more independent since she'll be turning eighteen, so maybe she feels embarrassed going to her mom for help," you said.

"I can't wait until she dates," Taehyung sighed.

Your eyes widened. "That was unexpected."

"Why?"

"Well, aren't brothers usually supposed to want to protect their little sisters? Being all like: "that guy is a good-for-nothing idiot, he doesn't deserve my sister", y'know?" you questioned.

"Hyerin is smart so I know she'll find herself a trustworthy guy. I just want her to be with someone that'll be able to care for her the way I do, maybe they'll even do a better job. She needs someone like that to be there for her," Taehyung replied.

"But if she does catch herself a piece of crap boyfriend, you'll throw him in the trash, right?"

Taehyung glanced at you and raised his eyebrows comically. "Got the dumpster open and ready for use."