U

When Taehyung marched into your room and told you to come with him, you weren't really sure what you should expect. He didn't let any emotion show on his face or in his voice, so you couldn't tell if he was upset or happy. But with the way he kept darting his eyes around and biting his bottom lip, you could only guess he was feeling slightly nervous.

"We have to go outside, is that alright?" he asked as you two were walking down the hospital hallway.

"Well, it's a little too late to turn back now, so I suppose it's okay," you teased. When Taehyung only offered a worried smile, fingers twitching at his sides, you hooked arms with him. "It's fine. I haven't been out in awhile so it'll be nice to get some fresh air."

Taehyung stared down at your arms linked together for a moment before clearing his throat and staring straight ahead. "Yeah, it's nice outside today too. As nice as it can be for a day in autumn, anyway."

You two made it outside and, just as Taehyung had said, it was nice for a day in fall. If you had to guess you'd say it was just under twenty degrees, so a light jacket was enough to keep you warm. There wasn't much of a breeze either.

"So why did you take me out here?" you inquired.

"You wanted to hear me sing, no?" Taehyung replied.

Your mouth dropped open and you inhaled deeply. You broke out into a wide smile and clapped your hands together happily while nodding. "Yes, yes, yes I do!"

"Alright, just give me a second to prepare," he said, taking a swig from his water bottle. He had been carrying it with him while leading you outside and you had wondered why he needed it. Now it all made sense.

He swished the water around in his mouth a few times before swallowing. Clearing his throat, he began humming at different pitches and wincing whenever something didn't sound quite right. After watching his warmup for about a minute, he rolled his shoulders back and gazed at you intensely.

"Ready?" he asked, voice coming out as a whisper. You could only nod and Taehyung opened his mouth to begin singing.

Calling it beautiful would be an understatement. His voice was already deep and his singing voice was no exception. It was smooth, rich, soulful, and you could tell he was putting his heart into this performance. Closing your eyes, you could imagine yourself and Taehyung in an auditorium or a theatre. Him singing on the stage, a spotlight shining down on him, as you sat in the audience, watching him radiate like the star he is. That was where he belonged-on the stage. Not in some stuffy, corporate building doing paperwork. Taehyung was gifted with a perfect voice, and yet he didn't want to use it to its full advantage.

When Taehyung was finished, he was practically glowing; so happy and full of life. When he focused on you his smile fell and his eyes widened with concern. He walked over to you and raised his hand to your cheek, thumb swiping over it.

"Why are you crying?" he asked gently.

You hadn't even realized but it was true. Tears were slipping down your face, Taehyung's thumb catching them all. You sniffed and rubbed your eyes harshly.

"You sing so well and I can tell you love it. I think I'm just upset you aren't planning on moving forward with this wonderful talent. Instead, you want to do business," you said, voice coming out nasally.

"I do love it, but I need to support my family. Becoming a singer isn't exactly a steady job unless you make it big, and I don't want to risk making it into the entertainment business and not getting anywhere," Taehyung replied.

You managed to stop the tears from flowing and smiled at Taehyung, cheeks bunched up and eyes puffy. "All of that aside though, I'm so happy to have heard you sing. You really are as good as Hyerin says and I wish you would sing for me more."

Taehyung gave his signature, boxy smile and giggled. "Really? You'd like that?"

"Of course I would!" you exclaimed, poking the brunette in the side. "Bless me with that voice some more, please and thank you."

"You're making it sound like I'm some god," Taehyung laughed and covered his face with his arms.

"You are, I can't believe you'd think otherwise," you said. You received a shove in the arm from Taehyung in response.

"Let's just go back inside, I need to get to Hyerin so we can talk about another subject that doesn't involve idolizing me," Taehyung said, tugging you by the arm.

"I'm pretty sure she wouldn't mind staying on this subject, so don't think you can run away that easily, Tae," you said with a smirk.

The brunette groaned, probably realizing what you said was true. "I'm never gonna be able to stop this."

"Nope."