Chapter 20

✩✩✩

✩✩✩

Ranbir's Pov

As I sat on my bed shuffling through some tv channels, I cannot stop but wonder about what happened yesterday.

It was a really weird day. Firstly, Corgi calls me to help her practice her car and the next minute when we were about to start practicing, she decided she will do it later and secondly, she was continuously asking for Aarav's number.

Yesterday when I reached home from her place, I forgot to forward Aarav's number and was helping mom arrange some household work. After an hour when I noticed my phone there were at least five to six messages from her asking me to send his number. I sent it later on.

Why does she need his number?

I sighed once I heard the doorbell ring. It was Sunday and us boys had planned to stay indoors and play some games.

As everyone entered my room, I saw Aarav was absent today. I furrowed my eyebrows; he was always the first one to come when we plan indoors.

"Where is Aarav?" I asked Abeer as he took a seat next to me while Zain and Varun sat down on the floor.

"He said he is going somewhere to teach" Abeer say picking up his remote control.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Since when people started learning from him, I wondered.

I looked towards Zain to see him already looking at me with concerned eyes. I raised my eyebrows at him asking about that concerned face but he just gave me a sad smile and looked back at the TV.

I ignored him and started with the game. After a while we decided to take a short break so Abeer and Varun went down to go and chat with my grandma. I tell you when these three get together they make everyone's lives hell.

Once they left the room, Zain was about to join them but I stopped him.
"Zain, I want to talk to you" I said and he looked like the deer caught in headlights. He nodded his head and took a seat next to me.

"Speak" he said laying down on the bed.

"Why were you giving me those guilty type looks during the start of the game?" I asked and he sighed and I can see him conflicting with himself whether he should tell me or not.

"It's about Aarav" he said and I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"What about him? And who is this great Philosopher who is taking classes from him?" I asked with a chuckle and looked at him but his face was serious. His look said that whatever he will be saying I won't be liking it.

"He went to Ahana to teach her driving" he said and my once playful expression turned into confusion then into realisation and into hurt.

That's why Corgi was asking for Aarav's number so desperately. I remembered she was all silent on the way towards her home. She only talked whenever required. She also immediately sent me home as soon as they reached telling me that she would learn it later on.