Chapter 44

✩✩✩

✩✩✩

Ranbir's Pov

"What is it Corgi?" I ask her as I sat on the couch beside her. She's been looking tensed since I got here an hour back.

It was just yesterday when I had a heart attack for ten minutes straight when Zain said that he thinks that me and Corgi were step siblings.

Thanks to my mom for clearing the confusion immediately or else my plan for tomorrow would have ruined completely.

Tomorrow is Corgi's birthday and I'm planning something and that includes her little brother too. Yes, I've arranged Keith's ticket here, I had called him a week back and I got to know that his exams were already over and he was planning to visit Ahana, then what a great occasion that tomorrow on her birthday.

I looked back at Ahana; she was constantly looking at her phone. I crunched my brows and observed her. She looked a little tensed as well as scared.

"Ahana," I called her again and still she was mentally absent. What is it with her?

Now this is the only way I can bring her back, I slowly put my hands on her waist and pulled her closer towards me so that her back was now touching my chest.

I took bunch of her hairs and put them aside on one of her shoulder and rested my chin on her another shoulder.

She stilled beneath me and looked towards me from the side. "Now tell me what is it?" I ask pecking her cheek.

I can see a little blush growing on her cheeks making me flutter knowing this was the reaction of her under my touch.

"I will tell you, but you should not get angry and listen to me first," I heard her say and I furrowed my eyebrows though she can't see them. What is she going to tell that I won't like?

"I got a message from an unknown number today," she said making me tensed and tighten my hold on her. "It says that if I want to meet my step brother then I have to meet this person at xyz street" she completes making frown lines deepen on my face.

"Did you use true caller?" I ask her and she nods her head. "Whose name is it registered to?" I ask curious.

"The number is named under some Benjamin," she says making me still on my place.

Benjamin?

How does this whoever Benjamin know about Ahana's step brother?

"What should I do?" I hear her ask and I frown.

"Don't! don't go" I tell her and she looks like she is not sure with my answer.

"I don't know Ranbir, I mean I want to know who is my step brother, and if this person knows anything don't you think we should give it a try?" She ask and I shake my head.

"Whatever it is Ahana, you can't go there, it's dangerous and the place he asked you to visit is mostly isolated and I don't think it is good idea to meet whoever that person is," I say refusing her to go.

"But Ranbir, I really want to-" I cut her off when I remove my hands from her waist and make her turn towards me.

"I said no, you won't go, it's dangerous," I say but looks like she is adamant on making me mad today.

"I want to go, I want to-"

"I said no Ahana, why are you so hell bent on defying me, I said you can't go that means you can't," I said without any room for argument.

"I will do whatever I want, you can't tell me what to do and what not to,"

"I will and I'm telling this for your own good, that place is mostly isolated and you'll-"

"Then come with me?" She asks making me stop from my sentence.

"You know if I can, I would," I say and remembered that I had to go and pick Keith up from the airport, he will be landing tonight and the time the person has called Ahana to meet is the same. 08.30 pm.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"I have to go somewhere important I can't tell you where," I say and she frowned.

"Then okay, I will call Aarav or Zain to come with me, but I'm sure as hell going to go and meet him," I hear her say and I sigh.

What am I going to do with this girl?

"Don't trust people so easily Corgi," I tell her my voice softer than before. I try to calm myself down knowing it is no use getting angry when she will do what she wants.

"When did is say I trust him, I don't, and that's why I'm going there with someone I know who can protect me," she says.

Sure, Aarav and Zain are strong and can protect her but what if there is something more dangerous than these and what if-

"Don't worry so much Ranbir, I'll be fine" she says. This girl won't listen to me.

"Fine then, do whatever you want" I say irritated, the last string of my patience was broken. She just can't go and trust some random person to tell the news about her lost step brother.

"Ranbir why are you getting-"

"Angry? Why am I getting angry? God damn it Ahana, how many times do I have to tell you the same thing? This is not SAFE" I yelled the last part.

She narrowed her eyes at me as I waited for her to say something. At least tell something that she won't go wherever she has been called to. But she didn't she just fold her arms to her chest and looked at other side clearly telling how angry she was and no matter how much I yell she won't change her mind.

"Fine then," I say picking up my phone and sprinting towards the door angrily. "Do whatever you want I don't care."

I sprint out of the door and to my car. Driving makes me forget about my problems a little so I decided to go to a long drive by myself to cool down.

She can do whatever she wants I don't care, go to hell.

After a long drive I stopped in front of my house and called Zain.
He already knows what Ahana's plan is maybe Ahana informed him. He and Aarav are accompanying her to that place.

"Listen," I say taking a long sigh. "Take care of her."

So much for telling her I don't care and go to hell.

✩✩✩

Vote and Comment
Thank you.