Chapter 53

✩✩✩

✩✩✩

Believe in phrase 'Expect the Unexpected?'?

Well if you don't, then you'll surely believe it after this chapter.  (≧∇≦)

✩✩✩

Ranbir's Pov

"Where were you yesterday Ranbir?" My mom asks as I sat down on the dining table having breakfast at eleven in the morning. Yeah kind of slept late so woke up late.

"At Zain's place," I lied smoothly. Knowing mom, she will lecture me for being with Corgi so late at night. And I really don't want to keep convincing her that we didn't do anything last night but just a kiss.

Yeah, a kiss.

Or should I say kisses?

Yeah we kind of kissed some more before I dropped her home, not my fault when her lips are addicting.

"Then why did Raman say that you were at the clinic yesterday?" My mom said bringing me out of my thoughts. That idiot Raman. Raman is watchman of her clinic.

"Uh, actually Zain was injured and I thought I should help him out," I lied again and she looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"What type of injury?" She asked with her arms fold on her chest.

God mom.

"Uhh...a head injury, he fell from his bike." I lied again and was about to ask me something else when Zain came in through the door.

Fuck my life.

He looked all healthy and fine as he walked in. He gave my mom a smile as she looked at him as if searching for any injury.

Zain looked at her puzzled. He came and sat beside me stealing my spoon of breakfast and eating it.

"Zain, weren't you injured?" My mom asked and Zain crunched his brows and shook his head.

'Zain look at me', I mentally scolded him. But that bastard didn't look, and continued eating my breakfast.

"But Ranbir said-"

"It was a little cut on his elbow," I cut my mom off and elbowed Zain making him startle that he started coughing because the breakfast stuck in his throat.

My mom looked at us unsure, she knows I'm lying, but I've to convince her that it is nothing like she is thinking.

"Mom he fell from his bike after he got hit by a cycle," I say and Zain looked at me with his eyebrows raised.

"I did?" He asked, looking at me.

I gave him a glare and nod my head with a tight smile on my face. "Yes you did Zain, you fell from your bike yesterday, remember?" I ask and he narrowed his eyes at me telling silently 'You're-going-to-get-me-killed' look on his face.