nine.

Maya's POV

"Happy birthday to you!!!" Everyone sang in unison.

"Thank you," I say to everyone.

"Speech! Speech! Speech!" David started chanting.

"Okay, only if you want," I joke.

I took a bite of my pasta as Zane stood up.

"Babe, what're you doing?" I asked.

"I just wanted to thank you guys for always being there for Maya, and accepting her so quickly into the friend group and being so supportive of us and of her, she's the most incredible person and my life has changed for the better since she's been in my life, and I don't know what I'd do without her," Zane says to everyone.

"Aww, stop you're gonna make me cry," I reply, as Zane bends down.

I peck his lips and that's when he gets onto one knee.

This can't be fucking happening.

As a teenager, I genuinely never see myself getting married or starting a family..

I thought I would've committed suicide and ended it then.

David pulls his camera out and I hear some people gasp as Zane pulls out a small box.

"Maya, words cannot explain how much I love you. You are the absolute love of my life and I don't want to go another day without knowing that you and I will spend the rest of our lives together. Will you marry me?" Zane asks.

By this point, I'm in tears.

I nod my head yes, and then he stands up and hugs me tightly.

Cheers erupt from all of our friends and at this moment, I knew I would forever cherish my life.

We let go of each other and Zane slides the ring on my finger.

Oh my God, it's so beautiful.

We then kiss each other.

As soon as we let go, Kristen runs up to me and hugs me tightly.

"Let me see!!" She exclaims.

I show her the ring as all of our friends line up to give us hugs as a way of saying congratulations.

"Time for presents!" Scotty yells, causing us all to laugh.

~

@mayaleone: fun fact, zane actually proposed in the restaurant, but the lighting was bad so i made zane set all this up so we could have cute pictures. but we did get the real moment on video. it'll be out tomorrow on zane's channel. i love u forever & always, bubba x

My Instagram immediately starting blowing up.

And also, yes, I call him bubba. I didn't wanna say anything because I wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while, but I decided that I wanted to make the fans go even crazier, so here we are.

I got a lot of house decor stuff for when Zane, Jasmine and I all move into a house together, which should be soon.

I also got a brand new fucking car from David, which comes in second as my favorite gift.

Because yeah, a new car is amazing, especially because I was driving a Toyota Corolla.

But the fact that I get to marry Zane, is even better.