twenty-eight.

I began cleaning the dishes, considering the sink was overflowing.

"Do you need help?" Zane asks, coming behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

It was the next day, and I was stressed out because I was heading to the studio to record a song, when I haven't released any music in a few months.

Not only is it scary to record and release a song unannounced, but it's really scary when I'm announcing something to the world, through the song. Kinda.

You'll find out soon.

"Uh, no, it's okay, do you want to fold some laundry though? There's clean clothes on our bed," I suggest.

"Okay," Zane whispers against my neck and kisses it once, then leaving me alone to clean dishes while he does laundry.

I stop what I'm doing when I decide to listen to music while cleaning dishes.

I turn on the radio that's local to LA, and I hear some announcements being played before a song comes on.

"Annd we have another artist being added to the iHeartRadio Jingle Ball, Maya Leone will be performing! However, it'll be her first time in Minnesota since her mom unfortunately passed away, I'm very curious to see how she's going to be able to handle that," The radio announcer said, then transitioning into the next song.

I didn't even really pay attention to that.

I was supposed to go to Minnesota during tour, but I canceled it because I couldn't handle being there yet.

However, JingleBall is one of the biggest performance concerts you could ever perform at, like Coachella.

I change the radio station and just put on my Shawn Mendes playlist.

"Clothes are folded," Zane says, walking back out to the kitchen.

"Babe, are you okay?" He asks.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, why is he asking?

"You've been crying, what's wrong?" He asks.

I suddenly realize that tears were flowing out of my eyes, and I figure out why.

"They talked about my mom on the radio," I reply.

I really didn't want this to affect me anymore.

I don't want to be hurt by her death still, I didn't want to cry everytime I hear her name or the mention of her, I didn't want to feel like I could've been a better daughter than I was before.

I didn't want to mourn her any longer.

Zane sighs in response, and he wraps his arms around my waist and put his head on my shoulder.

"I'll finish the dishes, how about you go call the girls and have a girls night? I think that's what you need right now," Zane suggests.

He's right.

"Thank you, baby. You're the best," I reply, turning around after drying my hands on the hand towel.

"Of course, I love you," He says.

"I love you too," I reply.

"Call me if you need anything," He said.

"I will, I promise, my love," I tell him, then kissing him sweetly and head to our room to call the girls.

The girls, meaning Kristen, Mariah, Carly, Erin and Corinna.

Shortly after, we decide to all go get lunch and then go to Kristen's new house afterwards.

A/N

Hello I'm sorry

I haven't posted in a while

And there's literally no valid reason, I just haven't touched the Wattpad app in days lmao

Anyways I love y'all, thank you for supporting this story❤