twelve.

Zane's POV

"Where are we going?" Maya asks.

We were currently in Maya's brand new car, the one that David got her for her birthday.

"I told you, it's a surprise," I replied

Maya has always wanted to go to Disneyland, but she never has.

So, I took it upon myself to bring her and make sure she has an amazing experience.

~

"We're at Disneyland?!" She exclaims, excitedly.

"Yep, and no cameras or anything. Just me and you tonight babe," I respond.

She smiles up at me and I lean down a little and kiss her.

She takes my hand and we walk up to the gates and wait in line, which surprisingly, wasn't too long.

~

"Excuse me? Do you think you could take a picture of us?" I ask a random stranger who looked nice and trustworthy enough to not steal my phone.

"Yeah, sure!" She responds and moves her kid's stroller around.

Maya and I then do a few cute poses, but we definitely got a really good one.

"Thank you so much," I thank the woman, and then she tells me that it's no problem, and she walks away.

A few hours go by of Maya and I riding a whole bunch of rides and spending a lot of money on things we don't need, and we ended up staying until midnight, when the park began to close.

"I had a lot of fun tonight," She says as we walk back to her car.

"I had a lot of fun too, I'm glad I was able to take you here," I reply.

We climb into her car, and she says that because I drove here, that she'll drive back.

"So, are Todd and Corinna still together? They're so on and off, to the point where I can't even catch up and I'm friends with them," Maya asks.

"Honestly, I don't know. They weren't very touchy with each other at your birthday party, so I wanna say no, but I'm not 100% sure," I reply.

Yeah, no one really catches up with Todd and Corinna anymore.

It's too much work.

"Jasmine told me that she wants to go live our aunt in Texas," Maya says.

"You have an aunt, in Texas?" I ask.

"Yeah, from my mom's side of the family. My mom and her stopped talking after they got into a fight about how to parent me, so we haven't talked to her in a long time. But I guess Jasmine has. It doesn't bother me or anything, I guess I'm just upset that I won't see her everyday anymore," She answers.

"How soon do you think she's gonna move? And aren't you her legal guardian? Why are you letting her go?" I ask.

"Whenever she's ready, I guess. And because I want her to be happy. I guess Emily's sister and Jas have been getting into a lot of drama, so she wants to go to a new school with new faces.. Mental health is really important to me and I don't wanna be in the way of Jasmine's being good," She answers.

She has such a good heart.

God, I'm so soft for Maya Leone.