twenty-nine.

"There are days,
I wake up and I pinch myself,
You're with me, not someone else,"

I begin to sing.

A slideshow of pictures, of Zane and I, flash slowly on the big screen behind me as I sing every word to my new song, 'Love Someone'.

I was currently in Minnesota, it being the first time I'm here since my mom passed.

I wanted to make this announcement in my hometown, so that my friends from high school could be there to witness it in person.

Zane was backstage, smiling at me as I sang the song that I wrote about him.

"And I'm scared,
Yeah I'm so scared,
That it's all a dream,"

I continued.

It felt good to be back home.

I just wish my mom would've been here.

But, Jasmine flew out to Minnesota with my aunt and Jack, so she's front row, watching me sing.

"Cause you still look perfect,
As days go by,
Even the worst ones,
You make me smile,
I'd stop the world if it gave us time,"

I'm literally living my dream job.

I never told anyone this, but I've always wanted to sing and act.

The acting part, well, let me tell you something special.

I'll be starring in the new Avengers movie with Tom Holland this summer, but none of the world knows that yet.

So be sure to keep it a secret.

"Cause when you love someone,
You open your heart,
When you love someone,
You make room,"

I smile at Zane and look him in his eyes, tears brimming in both of our eyes.

God, I love him so much.

"If you love someone,
And you're not afraid to lose them,
You'll probably never love someone,
Like I do,"

I scan the crowds, looking for familiar faces.

I see Jason, tears flowing out of his eyes.

I see my hometown best friend, Melody. Yeah, remember her? The one that dated Alex but got dumped because of me? She ended up reaching out to me and apologizing, realizing that it wasn't my fault. We aren't the way we used to be, but we've made up.

I see the girls, meaning Kristen, Carly, Erin, Corinna and Mariah. They've all helped me so much, God I'm lucky.

"When you say,
You love the way I make you feel,
Everything becomes so real,"

I grab the mic with both of my hands, cupping it.

This song means so much to me.

"Don't be scared,
No, don't be scared,
Cause you're all I need,"

I smile to myself and think about how crazy my life has been these past few years.

From dating David, to all of the Liza and Justin bullshit.

From being depressed and an addict, to being in a healthy and happy relationship with the love of my life.

From being Zane's friend to girlfriend, to fiance, all while living with him.

I never thought that I'd be with someone who could make me feel so... Complete.

"All my life,
I thought it'd be hard to find the one till I found you,
And I find it bittersweet,
Cause you gave me something to lose,"

As the song comes to an end, Zane walks out, onto the stage, just as we planned.

He sits next to me on a stool, and grabs my hand and holds it.

Cheers erupt when he walks out, which makes me smile like crazy.

And then, Zane and I sing the lyrics together, with the crowd.

And on the last word, the slideshow ends with a picture from Zane and I's wedding day.

I can't tell you how many times we've rehearsed that. We just wanted it to be perfect.

At this point, both of us are in tears.

"Thank you guys so much for an incredible 2 years," I say.

"But please, don't call me Maya Leone anymore. I'm Maya Hijazi!" I exclaim, confirming that I am in fact, married to Zane.

"And please, never forget.. You are loved," I add before walking off stage with Zane.

A/N

Kinda forgot to mention that the next chapter is the last one lmao

Oops