|Dean x Reader|

*BANG!*

Cries escaped Dean's lips, as he sat by the River crying. He felt someone sit next to him as he didn't even bother looking up.

"M-My parents... They're getting a divorce," He stuttered through cries.

"What's a divorce?" Y/N asked confused.

"You know what marriage is right?" He asked as she nodded her head. "Well, my mom says this happens when people don't love each other anymore,"

He looked down at her as she looked up at him... Into his beautiful eyes.

"Well, we love each other... Maybe we should get married," She suggested as he thought about it nodding.

"We'll get married when we're older... Being only six mom says it for grown up's," He explained causing her to smile.

"Promise we'll get married when we're older?" She asked holding out her pinky.

"I promise," He whispered locking pinky with her small one.

Dean didn't know it then yet that promise would be almost impossible to keep.

"I love you," He whispered under his breath as Y/N made way down the aisle although not toward him... Toward his best friend… Castiel.

He loved her she loved him... If only they had found out sooner. The love remained unsaid because his eyes couldn't see that she had loved him the entire time... It remained unsaid because they were best friends and nothing more. It remained unsaid because Castiel was always with them.

Yet there seemed no denying that every moment he held her hand she forgot all the wrong things ever happened to her... And he couldn't hold her forever though no, because today it was Y/N's wedding day. 

"We are gathered here today too-" The Winchester didn't listen to the rest- No he couldn't be he was too preoccupied with the fact that he was too late. 

Oh god, he felt too stupid, Dean was tough when it came to monsters when it even came to fighting but not when it came to his feelings. No, he felt like he wanted to break down... right there, as his knees began to go weak. 

As the blonde man had finally begun to pay attention again with a sore heart his eyes widened as he made eye contact with- 

It was too late... As the bullet flew through the air and was just about to hit Y/N but no- no of course Dean jumped in front- 

"Dean!" Y/N exclaimed falling to the ground with him not caring about her makeup anymore, as the gunman was put to the ground as someone called the cops. However, Y/N didn't care as she stared down at the hunter who was staring at her intently, he wanted his last glance to be on her... Then with him dead at least she could be happy. Were his only thoughts. 

Tears streamed down the adults face as she looked down upon his spewing stomach, as red liquid went around them getting on part of her dress- Everything was ruined... But she didn't care. 

"I-I love y-ou," He whispered barely audible not thinking that she could hear him.

If only he knew that she did.

But that was when he couldn't keep his eyes open anymore and they drooped closed. "Dean god no!" She exclaimed, only to be pushed away from her best friend. 

The paramedics were there to help... Although of course, they wouldn't let her go with him. 

"It's ok," Castiel whispered hugging her as she cried into his shoulder. 

However, that was only to reassure himself… As he didn't have powers anymore it was no use. 

"We can't see him for another hour or so," Castiel mumbled with a sigh. 

"W-What now?" Y/N asked with a stutter from crying so long. 

Cas slid off his trench coat placing it over her shoulders, she was shivering after they had changed so fast to make it there.

"Let's go get food," He whispered as she nodded. 

As they made way into the restaurant people gave them sympathetic looks as everyone in the town had known what happened now. Y/N and Cas ended up having a really good dinner which ended up being free, as they talked about when they should re-have their wedding. 

Although all good things must come to an end. 

"What is it?" Y/N asked confused as the ex angel hung up his phone. "Do you know who shot him?" 

"Dean... He's dead," 

That was when Y/N bolted upright in bed, only to be pulled back by wires and an intense pain in her stomach. 

"Thank god," Dean exclaimed pulling her into a hug. "I thought that you were going to die... It's been weeks!" 

"What happened?" Y/N asked rubbing her head. 

"You were going to get married to Cas and then-" 

"Dean I love you," She suddenly blurted placing both hands over her mouth. 

"I know..." He whispered. "And I love you,"

"Wait what?" She asked with a jump. "You love me!" 

"You love me more than a friend?" He asked confused as her eyes widened in fear. 

This was it... This was when she had to face the rejection she had been building up for all those years- It was finally there and it hit her in the face like a rock. 

Before Y/N could get anything past her lips there was a loud thud from the doorway, as their Castiel stood dropping his coffee with a gasp. 

"I-I can't b-"

"Cas I'm so sorry-" She tried to reason but he stopped her. 

"No Y/N I'm leaving," And before she could get another word out the door had slammed shut and that was when the waterworks hit. 

The Y/H/colored girl began to cry as the tears just wouldn't stop coming, as every heavy breath she took hurt her stomach even more but she didn't care... She couldn't care. 

"Y/N please calm down," The leather jacket bearing man tried to soothe her. 

"Calm down? I was shot at my own wedding and now it looks like I won't even be getting married after all!" She yelled her voice raspy. 

"If it makes you feel better they caught the man," Dean mumbled inching closer to her. 

"Who?" She asked all then all the sudden holding in crying just to hear the persons name. 

He smirked pulling her head close to his lips were just up against her ear. "The man that I hired- I'm so sorry he shot you instead of Cas," 

"Y-You did this?" She asked with a fear-stricken voice as he nodded. "W-Why?" The word barely escaped her chapped lips and her dry throat. 

"So that we could be together... But I guess it all ended up working out," He smiled turning her way. "This is what you wanted right?" 

"You're a killer!" She exclaimed with a cry as her heart broke into a million pieces. 

How could she love a killer? And worst of all, how had she not know? 

"No one died so... I'm not," He defended with a smile- "Now we can be together forever," 

That- That was when Y/N realized one thing and one thing only... None of this was real, oh god no she had one crazy imagination that felt very real and as Sam hugged her that night she realized that maybe she wished it were real.