Chapter 7

Previously

I dropped my tray and tears started flooding out of my eyes and down my cheeks. Running up to him, I hugged him and buried my head into his chest, just allowing the tears to flow on continuously. After all these years I finally got to see him... I got to see Laurance...

                                                                    Now

I stayed in his arms, just wanting to feel the warmth and comfort from his grip. He's actually here... Everyone was so confused at this point, they were all just staring at us wondering what was going on between the two of us. I let go of Laurence and looked at everyone. 

"So, I'm guessing you guys know each other?" Aphmau asked us, utter confusion shining in her amber eyes.

"Yes, we were in the orphanage together... and then Laurance got adopted. We would still text all the time though, this is just the first time I've seen him in a long while," I explained to the group. Then, turning my gaze back to the brown-haired male, I tilted my head to the side, "I didn't know you went to this school Laurance?"  I questioned.

"Yeah, and when Kate said she was adopting someone I didn't expect it to be you," Laurance replied, rubbing the back of his neck lightly.

"Wait, Garroth, when you talked about your best friend Laurance, you were talking about him? How did I not put all of this together?" I questioned, feeling dumbfounded and a bit shocked.

"Wait, Y/n, You know Garroth?" Laurance asked.

"Yeah, we do dance together. He would talk about his best friend Laurance but I didn't think that it was you." I replied. 

I was still crying tears of happiness and now I had no food to eat since I dropped my lunch tray. Laurance graciously offered me half of his sandwich, a gentle smile spread out across his lips. After much protest, I sat down and started eating. Laurance and I started catching up but, soon enough, lunch came to an end and we both had to head to class. We have music class together, so we left lunch and walked to class. Once we made it there, we walked into the classroom and Laurance and I sat down next to each other.

The teacher then started to speak. "Okay, class, so today we are going to have the new student sing!" She said very enthusiastically. My eyes widened and I looked at Laurence

"I can't sing in front of people," I whispered to him, my voice trembling with fear.

"You'll do amazing, just go," He said reassuringly.

Taking in a deep breath, I began making my way up to the front of the class and prepared myself to sing.

While I was singing, memories came flooding back of when my dad used to abuse me. The days I would come home and my dad would be drunk, threatening me every five seconds. Or the days where he would actually hit me... Most of the time it was with empty beer bottles.. which always left the worst of scars and scratches.

I finished the song, but not without a few tears in my eyes. I then ran out of the classroom and sat in the hallway, placing my head on my knees and beginning to let the tears flow freely.

Laurance came out after a minute or two, "Y/n... It's okay... you have a good family now, you don't have to worry about that anymore..." He said trying to comfort me. "You're okay now... I'm here, I'll always be here for you..." We walked back into the classroom I apologized to the teacher and sat back down.