Chapter 19

~The Day after her birthday (Monday)~

I woke up to my stupid alarm and got ready. (Where what you want and do your hair however you want) I finished getting ready so I headed downstairs to get breakfast and saw dad making food, "Hey dad! Where's Kate?" I asked looking around he pointed upstairs and I nodded.

"You driving your new car to school today?" He asked me and I aggressively nodded.

"Yes! I'm so excited!" I said fangirling he laughed. "Ok, I'm gonna go tell Kate that I had to leave to meet Dante at school." I hugged him and walked outside. I got into my car and headed to school. When I got there I saw Dante talking to his brother. There was also a red-haired girl next to them. The girl and Dante looked angry, and a little scared. 'I wonder what that's about.' I saw Laurence looking at them too. I walked up to him.

" I wonder what that's about..." I said as I motioned towards them.

"Yeah... It looks like their arguing about something..." He said.

I nodded. "I'll ask him later but he's been distant from me lately... anyway how come you're not with Aph?" I asked changing the subject.

"I don't know. She said she had to talk to some guy Eric... Aaron... someone about a project." He said not really caring. 'That's weird usually he'd be jealous about something like this...'

"How do you like your new car?" He asked.

"I love it!!!" I squealed. He laughed quietly. "Hey... are you ok? You seem a little distant?" I asked concerned about him.

He nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine..." He said sounding more depressed.

~Laurance~

'I'm not fine... I think I like Y/n....' Y/n kept trying to get me to tell her what's wrong.

"Come on... I know you're not fine... What's wrong? You can tell me." She said and I shook my head.

"There's nothing to tell," I said and she was about to say something but Aph came up to us. 'Thank god'

"Hey aph!" Y/n said. She smiled and waved at me then hugged me. I hugged her back but not really wanting to. 'I like Y/n but she's happy with Dante and I don't think she likes me.' I looked at Y/n and she was giving me the 'I know you're not fine' look. I looked away.

~Y/n~

'Somethings wrong with him and I'm going to figure it out' I looked over at Dante again and at this point, his brother was gone and it was just him and that girl. I walked over to them.

"Hey, Dante... What did your brother want?" I asked and he jumped back.

"O-Oh Y/n... Hi. It was nothing. He was just telling me t-that he and his friends are going to the park after school.." He said obviously lying. I nodded slowly.

"Mhm. Hi, I'm Y/n." I said looking over at the redhead.

"O-oh. H-hi, I'm Nicole and you're his g-girlfriend." She stuttered and I nodded.

"Yeahhh... Um... I'm gonna go... Dane, I'll see you after school." I said walking back over to Laurance and Aph. "Guys... Somethings going on with Dante and he's been lying to me.." I said when I got over there. I saw Laurance get a little mad.

"Yeah, he's definitely been acting weird..." Aph responded.

"After school, I'm gonna talk to his brother..." I said.

"No! You can't do that!" Laurance said scaring me. "He's not a good guy.." he said less aggressively.

"Fine. Go with me then." I responded and he nodded.