Chapter 15: Nothing's That Easy

Niall Horan

“Perrie,” I shouted when she was about five feet to his door. It caught her off track, and she actually looked over her shoulder.

The rest of the lads stared at me in confusion, almost like they were saying, “What are you going to do?” But Harry gave me a slight nod. I glanced at his hands which were now covered in meat, and realized that he wanted to stop her too. He just couldn’t.

So I sprinted to Zayn’s door, jumping over one of the couches, surprising myself. Breathlessly, I stood facing Perrie, my back against the door. Successfully putting myself in her way, stopping her from entering.

She crossed her arms over her chest and eyed me suspiciously.

“He’ll come out in a second,” I said. “I promise.”

“Why can’t he come out now?” she snapped. “Go away, Niall.” She tried to push me away but I grabbed the molding around the door to prevent myself from moving. After a few tries she gave up and glared at me just like before.

I shrugged innocently and tried to keep myself from smirking. It was so funny how she had just watched me run up to the door rather than try to beat me to it. It was like she didn’t actually want to go. I think she was scared of what she might have found…

Louis pulled out of his casual embrace with Eleanor by the kitchen, and he ran up behind Perrie quietly. He grabbed her around the waist, pulling her off of the ground, and carried her away while she screamed.

I finally let out a laugh.

He took her over to the couch and somewhat threw her onto it. Then he glared at her, pointing a finger like an angry mum, and he said, “Perrie. Relax. I’ll go get them if you promise to be nice.”

“So she is here,” Perrie breathed. “I knew it.”

Eleanor walked over to them and frowned at Perrie. “Per, just…” she shook her head. “Just don’t be a bitch to her.”

Louis smiled up at Eleanor for some reason. Like he'd liked what she had said. Like he had really liked it. A lot. And she pinched his cheek, grabbed his hand, and they went back to the kitchen to eat more lettuce.

People in love were crazy.

I was going to follow them to the kitchen, but I was scared Perrie would try to go inside Zayn's room again. I looked at her, warning her with my eyes.

She sighed sadly and nodded. “I’ll be nice.”

I smiled at her. Good girl.

“Yeah, just call them out,” Harry said from the kitchen. “I’m going to start making the burgers anyway.”

I nodded and smiled at Harry for being such a good mate towards Zayn. Even with all that had happened, Harry forgave Zayn. Could I have been that way? Would our friendship have surfaced above all, too? I hoped so.

“Zayn!” I shouted into the door, cupping my hands around my mouth like he was twenty miles away. “Zayn, Lola, come—”

The door opened slowly.

Zayn Malik

I held Lola’s hand softly with one hand, and pulled the door back in surprise with the other. Niall’s face was right there. It nearly scared me, and I laughed.

Lola giggled musically beside me.

“Oh,” Niall laughed, moving his head back slightly. “Hey.”