Chapter 17: Jealousy

Zayn Malik

I couldn’t believe my own eyes.

What the hell was going on?

First Perrie started flirting with me casually, like we were still together. And then Lola is across the table being tickled by Harry.

I stood up suddenly, stopping Perrie’s dull monologue mid-way, and glared at Lola and Harry.

Lola looked somewhat smug and she kept glancing at Perrie, but she tried to keep her face straight. If she thought this little game was funny, she was wrong. I was so pissed off. I wanted to hurt Harry for going along with it. Even if he didn’t know what was going on.

“Hey, mates!” Louis shouted cheerfully, standing up and attracting everyone’s attention. “Let’s go swimming!”

I narrowed my eyes at him for having changed the atmosphere around us successfully.

Everyone stood in unison, beginning to clean the table of plates and such, while I stood there, staring at Lola angrily.

Harry was still holding her hand when he stood up, and she avoided eye-contact with me as he led her back inside the suite.

I followed close behind them, Perrie struggling to keep up with my fast pace. She was so freaking annoying. I swear I wanted her to leave already.

She was ruining everything.

“C’mon,” I heard Niall’s voice over my shoulder. “Go wear your swimming shorts, lad. Ignore this.”

My eyes tailed Harry and Lola as they went into his room.

Why the hell were they going into his room together? And why were they going in there alone, when she was my girlfriend?

I clenched my jaw so hard; I thought it would snap out of place.

“What in the bloody hell does he think he’s doing, Niall?!” I shouted beyond my control, stopping mid step.

The room that had been filled with the sound of Eleanor and Louis laughing at Liam about something in the kitchen, silenced immediately. Perrie nearly bumped into me as she stopped walking as well.

I glared at Harry’s bedroom door like it was the gateway to hell, contemplating what I should do. I didn’t want my temper to get the best of me causing me to fight with Harry yet again. I was sure that whatever was going on between Perrie and Lola at the moment, it had gone unnoticed by him.

Either way, I couldn’t stand to watch the barrier that shielded them from my view. They could be doing anything at that moment: laughing, or tickling, or hugging… or kissing.

I shook my head hastily and trudged to his door.

I heard a small gasp behind me, which probably came from Perrie, but I ignored it. I heard her footsteps follow me nonetheless.

I reached Harry’s door and pushed it open without considering what my actions could lead to. I completely ignored Perrie’s presence behind me, but she grabbed a hold of my arm, just as the door revealed Harry’s bedroom.

Lola was sitting on the edge of his bed, her eyes on Harry’s face while he stood in front of her, holding one of her hands. Her eyes flew to my face and she pulled her hand away instantly, but Harry looked disgruntled.

“Zayn,” Perrie said behind me. “Just leave them alone.”

I glared at her over my shoulder, clenching my jaw again. “Why don’t you just leave us alone, Perrie?”