Lunchtime Confessions / Free x Reader

This was literally a suggestion from like a year ago, so shout out to @kittychanwheeeee 

"Sorry _____, I won't be able to make it to lunch today!! I have a meeting." Gou says clapping her hands together with a sorrowful look. 

"You're always busy, aren't you Gou?" You say patting her on the head. 

"But it's fine, being alone isn't always that bad!" Her eyes soften as she looks up at you. 

"You're the best! I'll make it up to you later, i promise!!" And with that, she runs out of the class grasping onto her lunch. 

You watch as the other students start to trail along outside, until there was only a couple of you left in class. 

"Maybe you wouldn't mind if I join you today?" A pair of green eyes look down at you, causing you to go slightly red. 

His soft smile and radiance of warmth makes you feel calm, and you nonchalantly nod your head. 

"That would be nice....Uhh...was it Makoto?" 

"Correct, _____" you were slightly taken aback by the remembrance of your name, but pushed it behind.

He notices the reaction and breaks into a sly smile. "I hope it's not too much of a bother if I get my lunch first, right?"

His kind question meant no bother to you as you shook your head and gestured that it was fine.

"I'll meet you at the rooftop then!" Makoto says waving his hand in the air as he walked out of the classroom.

Even though it was quite a surprising change of events, Makoto made you feel very relaxed and welcomed.

You walk over to the vending machine to try and get a drink, fiddling with your lunch in one hand and the other hand searching for coins.

"Need some spare change?" A deep voice says from behind you making you jump.

"I'm sure I put my coins in my pocket-" The red haired boy puts 200yen into the machine and picks out the strawberry milk you were going to buy.

"This is what you wanted right?" He throws it to you as you catch it with your free hand.

"W-wait a second... How did you know I was going to-" Once again he cuts you off with a small chuckle.

He leans his shoulder against the vending machine, his shark teeth visible.

"I guessed." He winks moving off the vending machine and collects his change as he starts to walk off.

"Hold on! That obviously wasn't a guess! I get strawberry milk every lunch.." You say sternly as the Red haired boy looks behind his shoulder.

He completely ignores what you say and changes the topic. "My sister has a meeting today so I'm guessing you're free?"

'Wait wait wait just a moment did he say my sister? As in Gou?!' You think to yourself slowly walking backwards in shock.

He pushes his red hair back, with his eyes beaming. "I'll see you at the rooftop then."

Without even hearing your response, he walks off and disappears down the hallway.

'This is not good..not good at all... I'm already eating lunch with Makoto....'

Your thoughts rush to your head as you think of something to say or do to diffuse the situation.

Looking at the strawberry milk in your hand, you feel the slight relief that the boy had temporarily left you alone.

"Did he bother you at all?" A small voice spoke up, making me look from behind to see a new figure.