63) Elimination round

(Y/N) POV

''The city is huge.'' I said and look outside the train.There is a castle almost in the middle of the city. There is also a big mountain with an arena at the top, probably the place the Grand Magic Games is held. I can't wait.

''Be sure to stay close, (Y/N). We don't want you to get lost.'' Says Laxus from behind. I am walking with Laxus and Raijinshuu. I am to young to walk alone sadly, so grandpa asked Laxus if he would look after me.

''I know, but I have never seen a city this big. I can't wait to see the Grand Magic Games.'' I jump around like a kid that just got her favorite candy. Bickslow chuckle and pick me, only to place me on his shoulder. I held on to his helmet to not fall down.

''Now you have a better view and we can better look after you.'' I laugh. Bickslow is right. I can see the city and they can take care of me without worrying I would wander off their sight. 

''Let's take a look at the castle, then go to our inn to rest up for tomorrow.'' Says Freed and smile up at me. 

''I wanna see the castle.'' I cheered and almost lost my balance, but Bickslow's dolls push me back up. ''Thanks.''

''No problem, no problem.'' They say. 

''Let's go then.'' Mumble Laxus. Before we knew it, was it dark and the citys light has turned on. Evergreen made a flower crown to me out of all the flowers in this city. It is called the blooming capital anyway. 

''Our inns name is Honeymoon. It should be around here.'' Says Freed and look at the map. I got tired on the way to the inn, so Laxus is caring me while I am taking a nap. 

''There you are, Laxus.'' Says Mirajane and run over to us. She is wearing her black dress I have made to her and the teams. I even make the others team cloths. 

''What is it, Mira?'' Ask Laxus.

''Mystogan can't make it before midnight. Someone has to take his place.'' Oh no. That is bad news. I am now fully awake.

''Please pick me. I wanna participate. I promise to listen to your commands.'' I said and give them all my puppy dog eyes. Working every time in my guild.

''I don't know. It's dangerous.'' Mumble Mira. 

''You don't believe I can take it? You don't think I am strong enough?'' Mira's eyes showed a hint of sadness. I knew from there that I won. No one in the guild can say no to my puppy dog eyes.

''Just let her, Mira. We know she wanna do it anyway.'' Says Laxus to Mira. Mirajane sighed and finally agreed for me to be the replacement member. Yay. The Raijinshuu walk away towards the inn they are staying at, while me, Laxus and Mira is going to our shared room. We just enter before the clock hit midnight.

''We made it.'' I cheered. Laxus placed me down and open the veranda doors. A lacrima hologram of a weird pumpkin comes out.

''Everyone in the guild who have gathered together for the Grand Magic Games... Good Morning.'' Seriously? ''Beginning now, we are going to take the 113 participating teams and have an elimination round to pare them down to eight. Every year, the number of participating guilds increases and it was pointed out that the events were getting stale. This year, there will be only eight teams competing in the official games. The elimination rules are simple.'' Then the building start shaking and goes up. 

''What is going on?'' Ask Gajeel, slowly feeling a little sick.

''(Y/N)-chan, hang on to the railing.'' Says Juvia concerned. 

''I am fine.'' I insured and wave at her.

''All of you are going to race each other. The goal is the Games arena, Domus Flau. The first eight teams to arrive there will go on. You are free to use your magic. There are no restrictions. But remember, only the first eight teams to get to the goal will survive this round. However, all five members must arrive together or it doesn't count. And one more thing. We take no responsibility for any lives lost in the labyrinth. The Grand Magic Games elimination round. Sky Labyrinth. Begin.'' The paths that appeared before us, is all leading towards the big planet like labyrinth.