one

Pulling the green sweater over his head, Changkyun shivered as the fabric slid down his torso, sleeves long enough to hide his entire hands without him even having to try.

Walking over to his dressing table (technically, it wasn't even his. Nothing in this house was 'his', but he was the only one who ever used it) Changkyun glared at his reflection. His face was pale, per usual, but he was proud to say that he didn't look as ill as he normally did.

He thought about brushing his hair, and just as he went to reach for the hairbrush sitting on the table, another hand reached for his own, and Changkyun flinched.

The hand was warm against Changkyun's cold one, and his whole body trembled when its grip on Changkyun tightened, pulling his hand up off of the table and turning it so his wrist was facing the ceiling.

Changkyun was forced to turn around, and his eyes met those of his boyfriend's, who smiled at him warmly before setting his gaze on the younger boy's clothed wrist.

"Y-Yungjae," Changkyun stuttered out as the older male tugged on the cuff on Changkyun's sleeve, pulling the flimsy material halfway up his arm to reveal the mass of bruises littered across the sensitive skin.

Yungjae didn't respond, instead opting for running his fingers over the bruise delicately, and Changkyun let out a breath he didn't even know he had been holding in when his boyfriend pulled away, letting the sleeve fall back down the boy's arm.

"They'll fade soon," the older male stated, and Changkyun looked down at his fingers, wringing them together nervously as he nodded. "Don't brush your hair. It looks nice like that."

Changkyun nodded stiffly again, not wanting to upset Yungjae this early in the morning.

Over the years, Changkyun had grown accustomed to the feel of feeling like prey under his boyfriend's predatory gaze. Just like now, he didn't even flinch when he felt Yungjae's eyes scan over his body, although he couldn't deny the discomfort and shame that washed over him like a bucket of water, soaking him in insecurity.

"You look beautiful today," Yungjae commented, and Changkyun squeezed his eyes shut when he saw - from the corner of his eye - his boyfriend raise his hand.

He braced himself for impact, but opened his eyes all of a sudden when he felt the warm hand caress the side of his face softly, a complete contrast from the action of last night. Yungjae didn't even react to Changkyun's behaviour, instead using his finger to tip his boyfriend's chin up so he could see Changkyun in all his beauty.

"Tell me you're mine," he ordered as he looked down at Changkyun, frail and trembling.

"I'm yours," Changkyun replied quietly, and Yungjae smiled, though the look was sinister in Changkyun's eyes.

"Good boy," he praised, petting Changkyun's hair. "Let me give you a ride to campus."

Changkyun nodded dumbly, unable to argue. Yungjae seemed to be in a good mood this morning, and Changkyun didn't want to ruin it.

~*~

Stepping out of the car hesitantly, Changkyun pulled the cuffs of his sweater over his wrists for what must have been the fortieth time that morning. He definitely didn't need anyone seeing his arms - especially on his first day of college, and even more so by people he didn't know.

"Give me a kiss before you go," Yungjae instructed when Changkyun leaned back into the car to grab his bag.

He braced his arms on the car seat and kissed Yungjae absentmindedly, the feeling still just as monotonous and routine as it always had been. Kissing Yungjae used to be electrifying, Changkyun still remembers, but now he felt nothing.

"Have a good day," the older male smiled, and Changkyun gave him his own uneasy smile in return.

Yungjae didn't seem to notice.

He stayed there for a few minutes, watching as Changkyun walked to his first class. He couldn't see his boyfriend's arms, and assumed they were in front of him, waiting until he stepped into the building before leaving for work.

When Changkyun got to his art class, he wasn't really surprised to see some students already there, most of them sitting in either pairs or threes, and he could feel them staring at him as he shuffled to the back of the classroom, sitting down at one of the tables near the back.

Another five minutes or so passed, Changkyun had began to sketch aimlessly in his sketch book, when someone sat down next to him, and Changkyun wanted to hit himself for flinching.

"Sorry, did I scare you?" The person asked, and Changkyun looked over at the red-haired male.

He was smiling so brightly that his eyes almost closed under the pressure of his cheekbones, forming the perfect 'ten-hour-ten-minute' look.

"No, I just wasn't expecting someone to sit next to me," Changkyun replied with a small smile, and the boy nodded.

"Makes sense," he laughed, and Changkyun found himself wanting to laugh at how contagious this boy's smile was. "You just looked kind of lonely and everyone else looks kind of scary. I can move if you want?"

"Oh, no, by all means, stay," Changkyun shook his head, and the boy relaxed in his seat, putting his bag on the floor once he'd pulled out his pencil case and sketch book. "I'm Changkyun."

"Soonyoung," the redhead introduced himself, holding out his hand for Changkyun to shake.

Changkyun did so hesitantly, and marveled at how Soonyoung's hands were so soft. Changkyun's probably felt like dry rocks, but Soonyoung didn't say anything about it.

"This place is huge," Soonyoung whispered. "So much bigger than my high school."

"Yeah," Changkyun agreed. "I was home-schooled so this is a huge change for me. I kind of want to cry, I'm so overwhelmed."

"Well I, Kwon Soonyoung, am now officially your shoulder to cry on," Soonyoung announced, sitting up straight like a soldier, and Changkyun laughed quietly. "But, seriously, we're best friends now, so y'know, you can cry to me if you need to."

"Thanks, Soonyoung," he smiled, and Soonyoung ruffled Changkyun's hazelnut locks.

"You're too cute!" The redhead cooed, and Changkyun felt himself smile even more.

~*~

ok, yungjae is just some random fucker i made up. he is in no way related or supposed to represent youngjae from got7. just thought i would make that clear before y'all chase me with torches and pitchforks :)