twenty-five

Changkyun didn't remember much of the party after the kiss with Kihyun.

He didn't drink anything, but everything else that happened that night seemed very underwhelming compared to kissing Kihyun. He mostly just stood around with Kihyun while the others had fun, but he didn't mind.

He was having just as much fun holding Kihyun's hand as the others were getting drunk and making fools out of themselves.

When he got home that night, Jooheon immediately passed out in his bedroom, and Changkyun and Kihyun settled for laying on the couch together.

"That was a fun party," Changkyun sighed as he let himself lie down against Kihyun's chest.

"Those Halloween parties always are fun," Kihyun replied, nuzzling his nose in Changkyun's hair. "But I think this was the best one by far."

"Because I kissed you?" Changkyun giggled and Kihyun flicked his forehead.

"I'm pretty sure I kissed you," the pink-haired male replied, causing Changkyun to roll his eyes.

"Yeah, after you made me beg you," the younger boy responded, and Kihyun held him closer to his chest.

The two of them laid in silence for a few minutes until Changkyun spoke up again, this time much quieter than before.

"Thank you," he practically whispered, and Kihyun hummed.

"What for?" The latter asked, resting his head atop Changkyun's.

"Because you saved me," he answered. "You and Jooheon and Minhyuk-hyung and Hyunwoo-hyung and Hyungwon and Hoseok."

"You do know Jooheon, Hyungwon and Hoseok are your hyungs too? Not just Minhyuk and Hyunwoo," Kihyun teased and Changkyun pouted.

"Fuck off, I'm having a moment," he whinged, and Kihyun chuckled.

"I know, baby, I'm listening," the second-year replied, the use of the pet name 'baby' causing Changkyun's heart to do somersaults. "You said we saved you but I don't understand how."

"Because," Changkyun started. "You fought my abusive ex and helped me get out of that relationship which I'm really thankful for. I don't think I would ever kill myself but he would've ended up killing me if I stayed with him.

"This one time, he pinned me up against the wall by the neck with his arm. I blacked out for a few hours and when I woke up I was still on the kitchen floor where he left me. He never cared about me and I knew he didn't, but I still stayed with him because I had nowhere else to go. And then I met you and you just made everything so much better. So that's what I have to thank you for because that's how you saved me."

Kihyun ran the backs of his fingers down Changkyun's face gently.

"You're not crying are you?" Changkyun asked softly and Kihyun chuckled.

"No, I'm not crying," he answered just as softly as Changkyun asked. "I'm just really proud of you and how far you've come since I first met you. When I first met you, you looked like you were about to cry. Now you're much more confident and that's a big improvement. When I look at where you were a couple of months ago compared to where you are now I can't help but feel proud. I think I'm having a proud mother moment."

Changkyun reached back far enough to slap Kihyun's chest lightly.

"Shut up," he giggled before nuzzling his head back in Kihyun's chest. "We should sleep, I need my energy for art tomorrow with Soonyoung."

"Whatever you say," Kihyun whispered into the silence of the living room, already feeling Changkyun's steady breaths against his chest.

~*~

"A little birdie told me that my dear friend Changkyun scored some major dick at the party last night," Soonyoung quipped with a wolfish grin, and Changkyun rolled his eyes playfully as he sat down in his chair.

"That's not entirely true," he replied. "I scored, but I didn't score some 'major dick'. What about you? Did you finally get together with Wonwoo?"

"After he fucked me behind the bar," Soonyoung answered, and Changkyun made a noise of disgust.

"Jeez, I knew you were freaky but I didn't think you'd fuck where literally anyone could just walk around and see you!" He exclaimed quietly, and Soonyoung smiled.

"That's the thrill of it, my boy," the redhead replied. "But Wonwoo was really sweet afterwards. He took care of me which he always does after we fuck but he was even more gentle this time around. He told me that when I'm with him, his life just brightens up. He described me as 'seeing colour for the first time'."

"That's sweet," Changkyun smiled. "You two kind of remind me of Minhyuk and Hyunwoo. One of you is lively and energetic while the other is more quiet and reserved. I don't know if I can handle another power couple."

"What are you talking about?" Soonyoung nudged Changkyun's arm lightly. "You and Kihyun will definitely be the cutest couple on campus. You'll be so soft together that whenever people see you two their hearts will melt."

"Whatever," Changkyun laughed. "Did you finish your project?"

"You bet your-"

"Don't say it."

~*~

i'm re-reading this story for editing and i can't believe i included soonyoung saying he and wonwoo fucked behind the bar sjsnsjsnsjsj