eight

Nothing could have prepared Changkyun for what he faced as soon as he got home.

He guessed he should've really been prepared for anything, and he mentally kicked himself for thinking otherwise. How stupid of him, to actually think today would be a good day.

Kihyun was going to be his model, Soonyoung had bought him a donut for being so brave and actually asking the older male. Changkyun was actually happy for once, but of course that happiness wouldn't last.

Literally as soon as he had gotten home - he hadn't even closed the door yet - Yungjae was pressed against him, pinning his front to the door and immediately gripping Changkyun's hair so tight he thought Yungjae would pull it out.

"A-Ah!" The hazelnut-haired male screamed out in a mix of surprise and pain as Yungjae used the grip in his hair to yank his head back onto his shoulder, only to slam it back forwards against the door.

Changkyun felt the warm blood trickle down the side of his face, and he squeezed his eyes shut so he wouldn't catch any of it.

The hand that wasn't almost ripping Changkyun's hair out gripped the younger boy's arm roughly, pinning it against his back and twisting Changkyun's arm in a way that was definitely aiming to break it.

"Yungjae, s-stop! Stop!" Changkyun screamed, tears streaming down his face and mixing together with the blood.

Yungjae still had Changkyun's face pressed against the front door, the blood not only staining the first-year's hair but also the door itself.

Had Yungjae found out about today? Did he know Minhyuk called him cute? Did he know Soonyoung hugged him once he'd returned to the table? Did he know that Soonyoung had bought him a treat?

With just how up-to-date Yungjae kept on thing revolving Changkyun, he wouldn't be surprised if Yungjae knew Changkyun had thrown the donut up right after eating it.

Changkyun continued to scream, cry, thrash about in Yungjae's grip until he could really feel his arm about to snap in two. Gritting his teeth, Changkyun braced himself for the immense amount of pain he was about to feel, but Yungjae let go of him.

His eyes shot open, and Changkyun was too stunned to even move. He couldn't even move his arm from behind him with how much it hurt; he felt as if even one slight jolt could break it.

He could still feel Yungjae's hand in his hair, and the warm, fuzzy thrumming he felt in his head was evidence of how tightly the older male had grabbed him.

Unable to even think properly, Changkyun dropped to the floor, sitting in a frail heap of his own fear, dry tears and blood staining his cheeks.

"Clean that shit up," Yungjae spat, pointing towards the blood left on the front door and smudged against the wall.

Changkyun didn't dare move until Yungjae was gone, probably to their shared bedroom or his own personal study. He didn't dare do anything even when Yungjae was gone. He could just sit there in horror and shock as he let out one deep, shuddering breath after the other, the realism of what had just happened to him finally registering in his brain.

But he didn't dare cry either. He'd probably made enough noise as it was, and his throat was itching with how loud and raw his screaming was. Changkyun couldn't remember a time when he'd screamed that loud, and the sound - even to him - sounded foreign. Almost like it wasn't him screaming.

Slowly getting up onto his feet, Changkyun swayed from side-to-side a little, briefly disoriented. He soon regained his stability, carefully moving his arm from behind him to in front of him, stretching his arm and wincing when he hear his elbow click. He could practically feel the bone slotting itself back into its place.