seventeen

weeks have passed, and seolhyun regularly came to the office again. jungkook found another way to distract himselfㅡ dance. he'd quickly finish work at around 3 and then head to the dance studio in the same building to vent his emotions into dance.

taehyung has noticed jungkook's eyebags and exhaustion. he even looked a bit thinner. of course he asked about it, but the latter didn't give him a complete response. seolhyun kept nagging taehyung and telling him to leave him alone.

today, seolhyun didn't come since she had errands to run. he noticed jungkook always left earlier now, but didn't know where. taehyung finally finished his big pile, looking at the clock. 7:32 pm. jungkook's belongings were still there, meaning he was still here at the building.

he asked his boss where jungkook was. he told him he was at the dance studio, leaving taehyung confused.

dance studio?

taehyung walked over to the correct hallway, already feeling the floor vibrating from the amplified music. he crept closer to the room and glimpsed into the small window, seeing jungkook's body moving so violently and forcefully. taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, opening the door. he was welcomed with the heavy scent of sweat. he heard jungkook grunting loudly, making his eyes widen at how much pressure he's putting on his body.

jungkook noticed his presence in the room, but didn't stop dancing. he needed to get this part correct. he kept forcing his body to move and to get it right. taehyung noticed his hair was all wet from sweat, his face was dripping with sweat, his white tee was drenched from it, and his expression showed extreme exhaustion. taehyung's heart clenched from the sight.

taehyung yelled his name a couple of times before walking to the radio to shut the music off.

"what the hell?!" jungkook yelled, with a angry expression, breathlessly.

taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, "what the hell are you doing?!" he snapped, his arms expanding.

"i'm dancing. get out." he coldly replied, trying to catch his breath, walking towards the radio.

"jungkook, you've been out since 3, and it's almost 8. you've been dancing for 5 hours straight?" taehyung questioned, hands crossed in front of his chest.

"yes. now, get out!" he shouted, making taehyung feel small all of a sudden.

"no! you need to take a rest!" taehyung argued, immediately shifting in front of the radio.

jungkook rolled his eyes, "why do you care? go back to your girlfriend and leave me alone. i'm just your co-worker right? i shouldn't be important to you. i should just die or even quit work because i am nothing to you! i am a threat to your relationship anyways."

taehyung froze, finding some familiarity in the words he spoke.

"yeah, that's right. your girlfriend talked to me, and she told me those words." jungkook said as he stared with fury, looking into his eyes.

"she-she wouldn't do that. she's innocent. she wouldn't say that to you. she's so nice to you. how can you say horrible things like that?!" taehyung said, angering jungkook further.

"are you fucking blind?!" jungkook erupted, making taehyung tremble slightly from the volume. "she's hated me from day one! she said i was the distraction between your relationship! she said i do harm to your relationship because she gets less time being spent with you! that's why i leave the office early! you clearly are fucking blind because she's the one who's distracting you! she's the reason why you go home late nowadays, and she's the one who hates me! you know that one day she gave me coffee? it was spiked, hyung! she put god knows what in it, and it got me terribly sick the next day! you couldn't see her smirk and under that innocent smile because you're blinded by your own little fucking manipulative girlfriend!" jungkook yelled, hyperventilating.

he kept breathing hard, blinking faster, until he dropped cold to the floor.