thirty four

"move back into the office." taehyung pouted, tugging onto jungkook's sleeve as they finally got out of that horrifying elevator. as a result, the elevators shut down, forcing the stairs to reopen.

"i will, i will." jungkook said, patting his back. "you okay from the elevator?" jungkook snickered, taking a look at the elder's expression.

"no!" he outbursted, causing jungkook to laugh loudly, his neck flying backwards.

taehyung sulked, walking away. jungkook died down his laughter, chuckling, running behind taehyung. when he caught up to him, jungkook slipped his hand through taehyung's slender hand, causing his frown to diminish.

the elder flushed in pink while the younger continued to smile ahead. nonetheless, he sighed, finally feeling content. they parted ways after arriving at the old office.

jungkook went to his temporary work place with a box, ready to pack. when he opened the door, he was surprised to see jimin standing in front of jungkook's desk.

"oh hey jimin hyung. what are you doi-"

jimin's expression became stern, "why?!" jimin shouted, throwing jungkook's finished files in the air.

"hyung! what-" he said, furrowing his eyebrows, panicking while walking towards his files.

jimin placed his shoe on the files so that jungkook was unable to grab them.

"what the hell, hyung?" jungkook retorted, looking up to an angry jimin.

jungkook got up and jimin immediately shoved him to the wall. jungkook put his hands on jimin to pry him off.

"what the fuck is up with you?!" jungkook yelled in his face.

"why are you back with that twig lookin' fuckin' asshole?!" jimin screamed, his face getting more red. his comment angered jungkook to the max.

"don't fucking call him that! he apologized to me, and i forgave him!" jungkook defended, shoving jimin off of him.

jimin scoffed bitterly, "he's playing with your feelings, jungkook. don't you see?! he had an ex, and he went back to her and left you. he's going to do it again! that jerk doesn't kno-"

"shut up! i love him! mind your own fucking business. you don't know him like i do!" jungkook shouted, angry tears forming in his eyes.

"i know of the things you've told me. where is all that anger? gone? because you think you love him? how pathetic." jimin harshly said, brushing his hair back.

"fuck you! i don't know why you're acting like thi-"

jimin rolled his eyes, shaking his head violently before going up to jungkook, pressing his lips, forcefully against the younger's.

"jungkook! where you at? i'll help you carry your box-"

jungkook's eyes flung their attention to the door, his heart dropping when he saw taehyung in tears. the elder immediately left his office. jungkook shoved jimin off of him, who was still trying to get more.

jimin tried to hold him back, causing jungkook to pull on his own arm forcefully, freeing himself. jimin hissed as he slipped through his grip. jungkook ran after taehyung, not wanting another misunderstanding.

jungkook found him and ran faster to get behind taehyung, immediately backhugging him. jungkook rested his chin on his shoulder, immediately feeling bad when he felt taehyung trembling against him.

"i can't lose you again." jungkook breathlessly whispered, tearing up.

taehyung turned around with an evident pout on his face. jungkook's expression softened, touching his frail cheeks. "i promise he was the one who did it. we were having an argument, and he just suddenly put himself on me." jungkook explained as taehyung nodded, "i believe you, okay? i just wanted to get away from that as far as possible. the fact that it was jimin hurts more." taehyung mumbled with his head down.

jungkook gulped, "i'm sorry." he said, taking a hold of taehyung's hand.

"i promise it won't happen again." he muttered, tightening his grip.

taehyung let a breath out, his shoulders slumping.

-

later, jungkook went to jimin's office to find out that it was empty. he quickly went to his boss, trying to ask of his whereabouts.

"jimin already quit, didn't he tell you?" the boss said, shrugging his shoulders. jungkook's mouth gaped open, "what? no, he didn't. why'd he quit?"

"he said he hated this job. he wanted to pursue something else, so i let him off. he wasn't a good worker anyway. all of his files were half assed, and i always had to fix them." the boss grumbled, rolling his eyes.

jungkook pursed his lips, "oh... alright. thanks, sir."

"anytime."

jungkook walked out of the office, sighing.

jimin was gone.