thirty two

the next day at work, the stairs were closed due to reconstruction of them, which the workers complained about since what was there to repair anyway?

the elevators haven't been used in years since there were only ten floors, and everyone was capable of using the stairs. the elevators took too long anyway. taehyung went into the empty elevator alone to go to the ninth floor to his office. the elevator stops at the third floor, and the doors open. taehyung didn't pay much attention, however his head perked up when he heard no one walking in. his heard skipped a beat as he saw who was standing outside, hesitating to get into the elevator.

the younger awkwardly cleared his throat, pressing button 11. the elevators slowly move up as if it couldn't get any slower. the tension was too much for them, causing both of awkwardly fidget around in place.

"s-so how've you been?" taehyung piped out, immediately regretting ever speaking.

jungkook was caught off guard as the question processed through his head after a second, "huh- oh uh, good. i've been getting better at dancing." he said, gulping in the end.

"with jimin?" taehyung asked, already knowing the answer.

"yeah." he responded without thought.

"do you like him?" the elder randomly asked, already feeling a lump growing in his throat.

"why does it matter?" jungkook asked, letting the words roll off his tongue rather sounding annoyed.

"..."

"because i still like you."